Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y-Small dent on lift gate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was hit on the lift gate and left a small dent on the bottom left corner. The insurance of the person who hit it already gave me an estimate. Tesla collision center is too far from my home (~4h), so took it to a collision center approved by tesla. The estimate was ~$20K which I'm scary how expensive is. There was no damage on the bumper or any other place and don't understand why the cost is so high. The estimate from the insurance was 10X smaller. The shop said that I shouldn't worry because the insurance will pay anyway. I don't feel constable about this estimate. Appreciate your advise.
image3.jpeg

Try paint-less dent repair. I think you'll be surprised. I know I was.
Definitely worth finding a highly rated paintless dent repair person nearby. They are usually mobile and can meet on site, estimate, and perform the work (tamping/pulling/etc). It may not be perfect but it may end up very close. One other issue is that insurance may not pay this route and if someone else caused the damage, this might not be an option given insurance is involved now and you already have a VIN reported accident, etc.