Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'22 MY Rear-ended -- thoughts for dealing w/insurance and collision centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read through some of the similar threads to my question, but I still have some uncertainties, so I figured to post and hopefully get some good guidance. Another car hit me from behind at a red light and my MY is rather screwed up on the left side because of the impact (to the point that the rear gate looks as if it's open). I have Tesla insurance and the other driver has (in my opinion) some regional bull crap insurance. I am waiting on his insurance's claim department to get back to me, but I fear the worst..... The Tesla collision centers here in the Dallas area are booked up until mid-January ... if I choose the closest one outside of the Dallas Metroplex, it would be down to Austin -- almost 3.5 hours away. Prior to this situation, I have never been in a wreck and never had to deal with another person's insurance to fix my vehicle..... There is a small amount of Tesla approved collision centers in the Dallas area, but not many of them are highly reviewed!! And the one I was leaning towards because of the positive reviews will only deal with TWO insirance companies for Tesla vehicles (and of course, the other party doesn't have that!). What I have read here seems to all indicate that what the insirance estimates versus what the repairs are do NOT come close to being the same .... I personally would prefer to take my ride to Tesla for them to repair because I feel they would do the overall better job. My questions: what should I do if the other party low balls the estimate? Should I go the route of getting an attorney to deal with this mess? 👀🤦‍♀️

Attachments

• 20231013_151518.jpg
    20231013_151518.jpg
    798.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 20231013_151520.jpg
    20231013_151520.jpg
    720.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231013_151528.jpg
    20231013_151528.jpg
    795.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 20231013_151548.jpg
    20231013_151548.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 20231013_151551(0).jpg
    20231013_151551(0).jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 20231013_151648.jpg
    20231013_151648.jpg
    768.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 20231013_151544.jpg
    20231013_151544.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231013_151551.jpg
    20231013_151551.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 47
First, it’s “insurance”, not “insirance”.
It’s the job of your insurance company to deal with the other party’s insurance company. That’s why you should always file a claim with your insurance, even when you feel you aren’t at fault. Let them fight it out with the other insurance company. If it’s a non-injury accident, there’s little that an attorney could help with.
Your insurance company has more resources for legal than you. What worries me is you have Tesla insurance, may not be any better than the other party’s “regional bull crap insurance”.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
First, it’s “insurance”, not “insirance”.
It’s the job of your insurance company to deal with the other party’s insurance company. That’s why you should always file a claim with your insurance, even when you feel you aren’t at fault. Let them fight it out with the other insurance company. If it’s a non-injury accident, there’s little that an attorney could help with.
Your insurance company has more resources for legal than you. What worries me is you have Tesla insurance, may not be any better than the other party’s “regional bull crap insurance”.
First, I spelled INSURANCE correctly the other three times I used it, so thank you for the spell check sarcasm. And input

• Funny
Reactions: Kairide
I would think it wouldn't matter what insurance a driver has when it comes to choosing the collision shop. The collision shop just gets their check.

Fortunately, that damage doesn't look too bad. Has this been resolved already?

Hoping you'll come back and tell us how this went, even though your first post gotna bit of a rough reply.

I would think it wouldn't matter what insurance a driver has when it comes to choosing the collision shop. The collision shop just gets their check.

Fortunately, that damage doesn't look too bad. Has this been resolved already?

Hoping you'll come back and tell us how this went, even though your first post gotna bit of a rough reply.
Nah, there are advantages to going with a collision center that is "in network" with the insurance company that's covering the claim.

Plus you absolutely need a Tesla certified center.

If the collision center is "in network", then any variances are handled very quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: father_of_6