Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can any buyer/owner now do a factory tour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but it's relevant.

Does anyone know if it's currently possible for owners to schedule tours? Took delivery about a year ago, but will be in the bay area next month and would like to schedule a tour if possible. Would emailing ownership be the best way to go about it?

Yes, I was able to schedule a tour well after delivery. Unfortunately I was in the Bay Area around the holidays, so the factory had very limited hours and I wasn't able to find a time that worked. But I was encouraged by Tesla to contact them again next time I'm in the area for a tour.

Yes, you can now.

I was in the bay area for work in February, emailed ahead of time and was able to get a factory tour. This was a year after I took delivery.

Party of 4, max. I brought 3 coworkers along. At least 1 more Tesla sold. :)

It was a fantastic tour. Totally worth it.

Yes, you can now.

I was in the bay area for work in February, emailed ahead of time and was able to get a factory tour. This was a year after I took delivery.

Party of 4, max. I brought 3 coworkers along. At least 1 more Tesla sold. :)

It was a fantastic tour. Totally worth it.

Did you see the board with posted production goal for that week? Could you post the goal/actual production at that time?
Thanks

Did you see the board with posted production goal for that week? Could you post the goal/actual production at that time?
Thanks

Unfortunately, I didn't see it. Either they moved it, our tour took a different route, or I was just so overwhelmed taking in everything I just missed it. There was a LOT to see.

And even if I had, they have everyone taking the tour agree to a 90 day NDA. By the time I could disclose it, it would be well out of date.

Thinking about trying to schedule a factory tour during TMC Connect, July 18-20 a day early or a day at the end.
I have also heard that the factory will be closed/closing last week in July, so I am wondering if it is feasible to try to do all that during that time period.

Should I come a day or two early?
Potentially try to schedule a tour now?
Or will the factory be closed anyway?

Thinking about trying to schedule a factory tour during TMC Connect, July 18-20 a day early or a day at the end.
I have also heard that the factory will be closed/closing last week in July, so I am wondering if it is feasible to try to do all that during that time period.

Should I come a day or two early?
Potentially try to schedule a tour now?
Or will the factory be closed anyway?

Update for Factory Tour availability:
I have been in contact with the Tesla company representative who coordinates factory tours.
Per his email: the last tour (prior to a blackout of factory tours for the entire month of July) will be Monday, June 30, and the tours resume Monday, August 4th.

So, for me (if traveling by car), it basically may be either TMC Connect July 18-20, or Factory tour late June or sometime beginning August.
The other possibility would be to get both a earlier end of June flight out for the factory tour and then a second flight out for TMC Connect in mid July.

Would anyone be willing to share their insight as to which event they think might be more worthwhile?