Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can an App wake the MS from Sleep Mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know what just dawned on me? Perhaps these incidents are occurring when Tesla is having server issues. Once in a while the app is unavailable to all due to communication or server issues. Could be a case of bad timing?

I've had this problem for weeks. Don't know when it started but since the warm weather began I've rarely been able to turn on the climate control remotely.

Now with sleep mode off it works every time. But my morning range has dropped into the 330's from 344 km (which is in turn a drop from 353 that came from 5.11).

Rob.

I started having problems waking up my car a few weeks ago as well. Before then it worked 99% of the time, and this is with energy mode on. This past week it seems to be working again, but they might be a fluke.

So are you saying that tesla changed the behavior of energy saving on? It used to be with it set to off the car would never sleep and you would have a really nasty vampire draw. Perhaps the vampire has been sufficiently reduced that Tesla is now recommending off as the default and on enables a deep sleep that disabled the remote app? It would be nice if they would communicate this!

I started having problems waking up my car a few weeks ago as well. Before then it worked 99% of the time, and this is with energy mode on. This past week it seems to be working again, but they might be a fluke.

So are you saying that tesla changed the behavior of energy saving on? It used to be with it set to off the car would never sleep and you would have a really nasty vampire draw. Perhaps the vampire has been sufficiently reduced that Tesla is now recommending off as the default and on enables a deep sleep that disabled the remote app? It would be nice if they would communicate this!

I switch my MS back into energy save mode and again cannot communicate with it when it's asleep. I tried for about 10mins this morning. Earlier this year this was not the case, even though it took a few mins I could wake it up with my iPhone.

So my observable facts are: 1) my MS cannot be woken from sleep mode by my phone, 2) this is changed behaviour, 3) Tesla confirm that (my) MS needs to have sleep mode set off to allow app access the MS has been standing a while.

Frankly this is disappointing. I find the vampire drain with sleep mode off too high. Psychologically, if nothing else, it makes a big deal to me whether my MS has 353 (5.9 sleep on), 344 (5.11 sleep on) or 335 km (5.11 sleep off) range when I get into it in the morning. And I also do not understand why Tesla has degraded yet another feature that worked just fine.

However, maybe it's just my MS? Maybe everyone else can wake their MS from deep sleep with their phone? If so, then maybe I need to get the SC to do some kind of deep reset or something?

I just got a new Android (5.0) phone and installed the Model S app. My previous phone was too old and the app did not install. The app is not able not wake up my car. So I guess this is expected behavior now? Software version of my car is 6.2 (2.4.238).