Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BYND Beyond Meat out of main

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is a sausage roll pastry?

From Greggs' website:
Our new vegan friendly sausage roll has been designed to mirror some of the sausage roll’s classic features including 96 layers of light and crisp puff pastry but instead we wrap it around our own bespoke Quorn filling.

96 layers yum :D In my experience vegan pastry has been hard to find. Even when I was in Paris a couple years ago there was only one spot I could find that had vegan croissants. In the Seattle area I've only found one bakery that makes a vegan croissant (with almond). So I'm very happy to see vegan pastry available for the masses! Even if I can't readily eat it :D

Also with the worldwide success of shows like Great British Bake Off I think this is good for plant-based culture. There was vegan week on GBBO a couple years ago and it wasn't that popular :rolleyes:

It's like when people got all excited about GoPro....China can make a 99% as good version for 40% the cost. Anyone can make a Beyond burger or close to it.

And any time I'm in Whole Foods the BYND cabinet is being completely ignored. Like a packed Center City PHL Whole Foods with people elbowing for chicken....and the door doesn't even open. May have to go sit there for a half day to confirm then short.
Here is Silicon Valley they sell Beyond Meat products at Safeway as well as Whole Foods. The products go pretty fast. Similar, I think. to how we have lots of Teslas on the road here, and not so many there.

Regardless, the market is humongous. The winners will be determined largely by ability to mass produce.

Reactions: ladysbff
No one here has mentioned that $BYND may also be a good investment for Frink & Blackrock. Given the size of the company, even a small token investment in $BYND may be enough to skyrocket the stock.
The fact that Impossible Foods shied away from MCD tie-up because of production, and $BYND has repeatedly said they are scaling production extremely fast may make $BYND the logical tie-up with MCD.
I'm calling it here, $BYND is going much much higher before the end of the decade.

No one here has mentioned that $BYND may also be a good investment for Frink & Blackrock. Given the size of the company, even a small token investment in $BYND may be enough to skyrocket the stock.
The fact that Impossible Foods shied away from MCD tie-up because of production, and $BYND has repeatedly said they are scaling production extremely fast may make $BYND the logical tie-up with MCD.
I'm calling it here, $BYND is going much much higher before the end of the decade.

Probably one of the few stocks more vulnerable to a short squeeze than $TSLA, too. Short interest is quite high with much higher borrowing fees, so it hurts more for shorts to hang on a long time.

I like the Beyond Burger and Impossible Burger at BK, but the new Beyond sausage breakfast sandwich at Dunkin really impressed me- the spicyness hides better that you aren't eating real meat. I even find myself craving it sometimes! :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3 and ladysbff
We regret to inform you that there is a person who thinks eating meat-free burgers ‘will make you female’

In reality, there’s no evidence of this, the Washington Post reported, and the origin of the surreal claim stemmed from a December 20 report by Tri-State Livestock News
My problem with these products is that they are extremely high in sodium. They are not particularly healthy alternatives. If they had reasonable sodium levels I would definitely order them.

My problem with these products is that they are extremely high in sodium. They are not particularly healthy alternatives. If they had reasonable sodium levels I would definitely order them.
Yes. Marketing food products is largely deceptive. The packages tend to scream how heathy/natural they are, but the list of ingredients and nutritional facts almost always indicate the opposite. Now if only there were companies that could make products with ingredients that didn't require an advanced degree in chemistry to figure out, and didn't load up on salt. I guess until then, most of my food will come from grain, beans, vegetables, and fruits, and the only processing will be done by me. (It's also far less expensive).

Like their meat equivalents, it's typically the establishment/restaurant that adds most of the sodium. It's just 390 mg of sodium for one Beyond Burger patty. Compare this to 1,240 mg of sodium for the Impossible Whopper and 980 mg for the meat one.

I buy these at Costco in 8-packs where sodium levels are well within established dietary guidelines.

Beyond-Burger-Nutritional-Info-Ingredients.jpg

My problem with these products is that they are extremely high in sodium.
How do you come to that conclusion ?

I personally limit my table salt intake due to salt sensitive hypertension to less than 1500 mg a day but the salt content of the Beyond Burger would not phase me if I was inclined to eat it instead of e.g. a Burger King patty.

upload_2020-1-18_8-29-51.png

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: shrspeedblade
Like their meat equivalents, it's typically the establishment/restaurant that adds most of the sodium. It's just 390 mg of sodium for one Beyond Burger patty. Compare this to 1,240 mg of sodium for the Impossible Whopper and 980 mg for the meat one.

I buy these at Costco in 8-packs where sodium levels are well within established dietary guidelines.

Beyond-Burger-Nutritional-Info-Ingredients.jpg
That's much better. I usually look for food with less sodium (in mg) than calories. That keeps sodium to about 2000 mg/day which is recommended.