Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VCFRONT_a059_inputResistanceHigh error in Service Mode in new MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going on a road trip soon and decided to check out service mode out of curiosity and found several errors over the last few days, the most concerning of which is VCFRONT_A059_InputResistanceHigh. Here's a pic:

First, I have made a service appointment, but it's after my road trip since there's nothing available at any of the service centers near me before my road trip. Ugh.

I only found these by going into service mode - there was nothing in the user-facing alerts menu about any of these issues. But now I'm worried because of my upcoming road trip.

I've done some searching online and can't find much about this exact a059 error. One result I found over at another Tesla owner's forum mentions this fault in relation to a potentially bad low voltage battery or a short or ground fault somewhere.

Has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions?

I work from home and my MYLR is kept in our garage and plugged in most of the time with the charge limit set to 50% (which easily covers most of the daily driving I do and I'm trying to prevent as much battery degradation as possible per many informational posts on this forum). No problems with it otherwise and I've been loving it so far.

There was no response in the service chat after my initial request. I checked the car yesterday and did see a user-facing alert "PCS_a023 Unable to Charge" from earlier in the morning when it was plugged in but not charging since it was already at the charge limit. I uploaded a picture of that to the service chat and got a message soon after asking me to keep an eye on it and to let them know if I see any more issues.

I rebooted it this morning before heading out to the gym and errands and it ran fine and no other errors came up. When I got home and checked service mode, there was another VCFRONT_A059_InputResistanceHigh alert there, but nothing user-facing. I'm hoping these are just weird software glitches, but I'm sure I doomed myself to some real problems just by typing that out. 🫤

Hi - having the same issue with my 2023 M3P. Did the service center give you any answers? I’m losing more than 2% overnight unplugged randomly after being driven. Please let me know if you find anything out. Also what section did you tag into service mode because it keeps dismissing my problem as a “range issue” thanks!!

My service appointment is tomorrow and I'll update this thread after. It's been driving and charging just fine in the meantime, including during an 800+ mile road trip. In the cost estimate ($0 under warranty) for my service visit, there's a line item to remove and replace the "Assembly Power Conversion System - 48AMP - 1Phase (1135558-04-A) so it seems like this error leads to a failure of a part and they're going to replace it.

Hi - having the same issue with my 2023 M3P. Did the service center give you any answers? I’m losing more than 2% overnight unplugged randomly after being driven. Please let me know if you find anything out. Also what section did you tag into service mode because it keeps dismissing my problem as a “range issue” thanks!!

You're getting the VCFRONT_a059_inputResistanceHigh error too? Or just 2% lost overnight?

Mine just started this as well
Sorry to hear that. Experiencing any problems?

My service appointment is tomorrow and I'll update this thread after. It's been driving and charging just fine in the meantime, including during an 800+ mile road trip. In the cost estimate ($0 under warranty) for my service visit, there's a line item to remove and replace the "Assembly Power Conversion System - 48AMP - 1Phase (1135558-04-A) so it seems like this error leads to a failure of a part and they're going to replace it.

You're getting the VCFRONT_a059_inputResistanceHigh error too? Or just 2% lost overnight?

I’m getting the VCFRONT_a059_inputResistanceHigh error code. Let me know what happens with your situation!

Also, are you running the 32.2 firmware?

I’m getting the VCFRONT_a059_inputResistanceHigh error code. Let me know what happens with your situation!

Yep, I'll update this thread after my appointment on Monday. They recently sent another message stating that they'll need time to diagnose, which is clearly code for "we may have your car for a few days". I asked them if they have a loaner and they said they'll see what's available when I drop it off or they'll give me Uber credits.

Also, are you running the 32.2 firmware?
Nope, not yet, still on 2023.26.9.

Yep, I'll update this thread after my appointment on Monday. They recently sent another message stating that they'll need time to diagnose, which is clearly code for "we may have your car for a few days". I asked them if they have a loaner and they said they'll see what's available when I drop it off or they'll give me Uber credits.

Now I am receiving the vcleft blowergeneralfault.

Hey buddy, just wanted to see if you are able to share some updates with us? My 1 and half month old MYP is getting the same error code. Hopefully your service center was able to figure out the issue and have it fixed for you. Thanks!

Reactions: Mrdrbot23
So, in the end, Tesla stated that nothing was wrong with my MYLR and that the errors were a function of the AC line I'm using to charge it. Now I need to talk to the electrician who installed it for me!

They also really want me to NOT look at the Service Mode messages. 🤪

In response to the VCFRONT_a059_inputResistanceHigh errors (visible in Service Mode only), they said:
Verified customer concern, this alert will set and hold until the clear condition is met. This alert is not customer facing and is to be used for diagnostic purposes only. Performed diagnosis and found no faults. Verified proper operation. Please refer to statements about alert and intended audiences included in activity #3.

In response to the "PCS_a023 Unable to charge, service required" message (in my Alerts menu on the main screen), they said:

Verified customer concern, these alerts appear for diagnostic purposes. These alerts are populating due to AC-Line quality issues. This should not stop the vehicle from charging. To avoid AC-Line issues please verify charging source is adequate following owners manual for either the vehicle or charging equipment.

Furthermore, our alerts are classified under intended audiences. With the Service Mode viewer you can see all audiences. For serious alerts that are intended to be seen by you refer to the "Customer" section. All other alerts not shown in the customer section can safely be ignored unless a malfunction/issue of the cars features are noticed.

Otherwise, the alerts will appear on your normal UI to request service attention.

To be fair, my MYLR has been running and charging with no issues but the alerts were concerning (particularly the Unable to charge one). I dropped it off at Tesla last Monday morning at 8am, got a 2018 Model S loaner (with FSD and free supercharging woot!), and then picked it up and returned the loaner on Thursday afternoon. It was nice to drive the S and try out FSD but I missed the higher seating position of my Y and am happy to have it back.

So, in the end, Tesla stated that nothing was wrong with my MYLR and that the errors were a function of the AC line I'm using to charge it. Now I need to talk to the electrician who installed it for me!

They also really want me to NOT look at the Service Mode messages. 🤪

In response to the VCFRONT_a059_inputResistanceHigh errors (visible in Service Mode only), they said:

In response to the "PCS_a023 Unable to charge, service required" message (in my Alerts menu on the main screen), they said:

To be fair, my MYLR has been running and charging with no issues but the alerts were concerning (particularly the Unable to charge one). I dropped it off at Tesla last Monday morning at 8am, got a 2018 Model S loaner (with FSD and free supercharging woot!), and then picked it up and returned the loaner on Thursday afternoon. It was nice to drive the S and try out FSD but I missed the higher seating position of my Y and am happy to have it back.
Great to know, thank you so much for the update.

Reactions: Mrdrbot23
the errors were a function of the AC line I'm using to charge it. Now I need to talk to the electrician who installed it for me!
Hi @Mrdrbot23,

Q. Did you check whats wrong with your AC line?

I have a situation with my M3LR, where Tesla is asking me to replace the PCS (Power Conversion System) with a quote of $2k. Have asked them what is wrong with the PCS and what might have caused it. My circuit breaker had tripped when the issue started for me, hence the AC line is one of the suspects.