Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

buying stock in Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla forum members! I was wondering how one would go about buying stock from Tesla's IPO. I read somewhere that they would offer you stock if you bought one of their cars.. but I'm at the flipping burgers, poor college student part of my life. I have been looking at investing into a company for awhile and my friends think I am crazy for putting money into a soon to be car-less car company. I have a few hundred dollars I would like to invest. Tesla makes superb quality cars, are green and the government is backing Tesla up. By the time the bluestar comes out I think tesla would be a great investment. Maybe I'm just crazy! Thanks anyways ;)

Without a means of buying upfront as a 'friends/family' buyer your best bet is probably going to be to just watch the market (and this site) and when it does to the secondary market buy some through Etrade/Scottrade/whateverTrade site online. I assume it'll be on NASDEQ...but who knows. Someone said we've probably got 3-6 months before we know exactly when the IPO will be.

Unless you have a 250k+ account with a broker such as GS, you won't be getting any shares at the IPO price. It is very cool of Tesla to offer customers shares at IPO prices. It will be quick and easy money, just like the a123 IPO.

I strongly doubt Model S depositors will have a chance at the IPO.