Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bugs in firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. The first few days after the update, there was no auto-mute. Then one fine days, it happened several times and I thought I touched 'mute' accidentally. And for the past 2 days, there was no auto-mute again.

I've seen similar, on-again-off-again behavior with mute on entry. It has to be a bug, or it would behave consistently. FWIW, my vote would be not to have the audio auto-mute on entry.

Retrieve something from the car (or place something in the car) while it's charging, or returning to sit in the car and await end of charging etc. Unlocking the chargeport automatically halts charging.
Correct - that would be quite annoying. And no, my car never did that.
I noticed something else today that I didn't notice before: when I approach the car from the back (the way I enter my garage) the car usually doesn't "see" the key and doesn't unlock until I'm almost at the B pillar. Pressing the trunk button always unlocked things after a very brief pause. But now pressing the button on the UMC plug also unlocks the car and I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case before...

That seems like a bit of an oversight... Why would you ever want the doors to unlock and handles present, but not want to be able to unplug the charger??

To get something out of the car maybe? Or just to sit there and enjoy the beautiful interior?
But the point is right, I've never had it unlock without pushing the button on the charger handle.

Correct, that wasn't the case before. I don't have v6.2 but are you sure it's not just key proximity triggering the door unlock?
I was wondering about this earlier so I tried to test this rather carefully...
Walked slowly to the car. Stood still. Then reached forward and pressed the button on the charge plug. The typical (from the trunk button) ~half second delay and the door handles start extending and the charger unlocks.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be bad. Don't some charge stations charge you per use?
Yes, one charger in a mall parking lot nearby charges you $1.50 per charge session. So this would start a new charge session when you unlock the car. I'm glad this is NOT what the car does.

To get something out of the car maybe? Or just to sit there and enjoy the beautiful interior?
But the point is right, I've never had it unlock without pushing the button on the charger handle.
perhaps I misinterpreted, I thought they meant that even pushing the button on the charger wouldn't release the handle because it was "locked"?

I agree that you don't want charging to stop just because you unlocked the car, but you also shouldn't have to reach for the fob just to unplug the car when you approach.

I have not noticed the nav errors but I have noticed a new "behavior" after the 6.2.2.4.124 update. When opening the door I hear the "something is wrong" noise or chime. But by the time I get in the car there is nothing presented on the main screen. I get in the car butt first. But if I stick my head in first and look at the screen there is the red exclamation point on the top menu and when I press it quickly the "Software update required. Contact Tesla Service" dialog box is shown on the screen for a couple seconds and goes away on it's own. Has anybody noticed this with this update? I am gonna wait until 6xxxx vehicles get any updates past .124 before trying to contact Tesla Service.

Sorry about the crappy photos.
When opening the door I also hear the "something is wrong" noise or chime. But by the time I get in the car there is nothing presented on the main screen.

Yup, I get the silly "software update required" and called Tesla... they are "looking into it" --- seems to be a bug.

New "feature" of reducing the volume of sound system upon startup is silly... if volume was low, it mutes. If it was higher, it reduces it by 3 volume clicks...

Have had some glitches with phone, but did a reboot to fix it. BUT, some contacts from phone show up with incorrect labels on phone numbers. For example; the mobile number from phone shows up as other (as do home and office) on the phone screen in Tesla.

So let's see when the firmware upgrades restart with a newer version. Given that we've identified a few issues here I'm reasonably confident the rollout is indeed temporarily halted.
Just to be sure... Has ANYONE receive 6.2 this week (i.e., Monday or later)?

Back when I first got my P85 in 2013, I was always anxious to get the latest updates. Now I am happy to wait a few weeks and appreciate all of your efforts to work through the bugs before my car is infected with a buggy update. Keep up the good work!