Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What booster seats do you use in your 6 seater 2022 Model X? We tried the Diono Solona 2 (comfortable, but too wide for 2nd row to buckle, will not work in 3rd row due to no latch system). We currently use the Diono Solona in both the 2nd and 3rd row, but my kids complain that they aren't comfortable. I'm looking for booster seats that will work width-wise to still be able to independently buckle up, but also comfortable for long car rides.

To piggyback on this question, we would love to use seat protectors for all of our Diono carseats and booster seats (we have four total), but they are just too wide for the seats in the 2nd and 3rd rows. They block the seatbelt path, buckle and the 3rd row cup holders. Has anyone found a safe way to protect the seats that is narrow enough for the 2nd and 3rd row monopost seats?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Attachments

• carseats.jpg
    carseats.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 1,138
Reactions: ShareLofty
The Clek Oobr fits really well.

For what it's worth, we have white leather seats in our X and we don't use seat covers. Cleaning wipes from Costco have cleaned every spill imaginable and it still looks new.
Thank you! That makes me feel better. We have the black interior, so it makes me feel a little better to go without covers. :D If you don't mind me asking, which seats do you use the Clek Oobr in? And do you use it backless or with the back? Are your kids able to buckle themselves without trouble? Thanks again!

Upvote 0
We use Peg Perego Viaggio Flex in the 2nd row 6 seater (MX Plaid refresh).

The lack of arm rest is what really makes it fit well and my daughter has no problem buckling. Use seat belt extenders at your own risk.
Okay, I read about that car seat on a Tesla manual outside of the USA as a suggestion. Thank you for confirming it works! We won't be using the belt extenders...I want to use what's crash test rated and maximizing safety according to the manufacturers. Thanks again for the heads up!

Reactions: tiznanya
Upvote 0
If you want the safest/tested product combinations you might want to do your own DD on car seats and protectors. There are some horror stories out there. But let’s just say as much as I want to use a protector we don’t in our Y. My X just arrived and is getting detailed but I won’t be putting a protector under my kids seat in my X either…just do your own homework. Good luck!

Upvote 0
If you want the safest/tested product combinations you might want to do your own DD on car seats and protectors. There are some horror stories out there. But let’s just say as much as I want to use a protector we don’t in our Y. My X just arrived and is getting detailed but I won’t be putting a protector under my kids seat in my X either…just do your own homework. Good luck!
I completely agree that one should do their own due diligence on car seats. We've purchased 10 different car seats over the years for 4 kids and were trying to narrow down our search when it comes to which car seats will actually fit in the refreshed X. Much narrower seats than we were used to from a mini van! Thank you for the good advice!

Upvote 0
I've been recommending the Ride Safer Travel Vest ever since I started using them after seeing someone else recommend one on this forum. So much convenient, and possibly safer if used correctly. Here's a previous recommendation of mine:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've been recommending the Ride Safer Travel Vest ever since I started using them after seeing someone else recommend one on this forum. So much convenient, and possibly safer if used correctly. Here's a previous recommendation of mine:
Actually, we've been looking at the Ride Safer and been in communication with some of the distributers. It's in our top few as of now, I'm just not sure my 10 and 7 year olds will be into all of the steps involved. Are your kids able to buckle by themselves in the Ride Safer? Thanks for the link!

Upvote 0
Actually, we've been looking at the Ride Safer and been in communication with some of the distributers. It's in our top few as of now, I'm just not sure my 10 and 7 year olds will be into all of the steps involved. Are your kids able to buckle by themselves in the Ride Safer? Thanks for the link!
We use the Ride Safer vest for travel. It’s great and does what it’s intended for, but we find it a bit cumbersome for daily use. There’s a buckle on the vest that isn’t easy to get on/off by design. Then there are 3 connection points on the vest to hold the seat belt in place. My 6yo can do it herself, but it takes a lot longer than buckling a booster. She also prefers riding higher up to see out the window 🙂

Reactions: iamhomemaker
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure my kids have been doing all of the steps themselves by age 6, possibly earlier for the girls, but my 5 year-old boy isn't quite there yet. Even my 4 year-old can get hers off by herself.
We use the Ride Safer vest for travel. It’s great and does what it’s intended for, but we find it a bit cumbersome for daily use. There’s a buckle on the vest that isn’t easy to get on/off by design. Then there are 3 connection points on the vest to hold the seat belt in place. My 6yo can do it herself, but it takes a lot longer than buckling a booster. She also prefers riding higher up to see out the window 🙂
Yeah, the clip on older generations was a pain, I'd forgotten about that. I suspect they make something better and somehing worse with every generation. I think there is a newer generation than what I'm using now, but the only complaint I have for our current ones is the velcro for the seatbelt cover doesn't stick well (this is only aesthetic, so no big deal). I think I retired the only one I had from that generation because it was worn out. True on the windows, but my kids don't know the difference because they graduated from 5-point carseat harnesses directly to the vest.

Reactions: iamhomemaker
Upvote 0
We use the Oobr (wow I hate that name) in our MX 6 seater, back row. We still use the back. We DO have to buckle my 6yo in, but I also have to buckle my 3yo into her Clek Filo too.
We are picking up our 6 seater model X in 6 days and shopping for a backed and backless booster and have found the Clek Oobr that looks nice. Any chance you can post photos of your set up in your X? Thanks!

Upvote 0
The Clek Oobr fits really well.

For what it's worth, we have white leather seats in our X and we don't use seat covers. Cleaning wipes from Costco have cleaned every spill imaginable and it still looks new.

Just a heads-up to refresh MX owners: we have a refreshed Model X (2023) and the 2023 Oobr does not fit in the 2nd row captains’ chairs unless the Oobr is set at maximum recline. The width of 2023 Oobr blocks the buckle in the 2023 MX.

Upvote 0