Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@bonnie, haven't been very active on the forums lately and just saw this development. Congrats on the Founder X win! You wouldn't have seen that coming almost 4 years ago now when you smartly queued up for Sig #2 at the X proto reveal event ;)

Thanks, gg :).

To clarify for anyone new to this thread, I didn't win the X, free and clear. I won the right to purchase a Founders.

Yours is not a free and clear prize? Is your prize different from Bjorn's? Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Bjorn was the first European to get to ten referrals, thus the free X. Some others, like Bonnie, have in excess of 10 referrals, but reached that limit after the 'winner' in the NA region.
These people get a Founder's X for the price of a base X. I suspect that is about a $50K difference in price and getting something that maybe only 100 people will ever have.

Tesla told me several weeks ago that 10 of my referees had to take delivery before I could order the founder's X. However, that was before the email was sent out with the "someone will be in contact with you in the next two weeks" language. I'm waiting patiently :) I think Monday is two weeks?

These people get a Founder's X for the price of a base X. I suspect that is about a $50K difference in price and getting something that maybe only 100 people will ever have.
The initial details on the referral program said it would be a $25K discount. Later e-mails to those who made the goal said it would be approximately a $30K discount.

A fully loaded Sig with Ludicrous Speed sells for around $143K. One would assume a Founders model, fully loaded, would have about the same list price. So there's some speculation that the "base price" they were referring to in the referral program was $113K for a "base" P90D, and not the base price of a 90D, which many are speculating to be in the $93K to $95K range. We should know pretty soon what the actual price will be. I'm guessing it will be $113K for a P90D and it will come with Ludicrous Speed as well as all the other options. But maybe they'll allow you to get one w/o Ludicrous for less? We shall see... In any case, a Founders Series fully loaded for $113K would be a great deal. $30K here, $30K there and pretty soon you're talking real money. :)

So having qualified for the discounted fully-loaded Founders X (thanks, Tesla!), I have a true first world problem here. I've configured and confirmed my Signature #2 and will be taking delivery 'soonish'.

But... I don't need two Model X. Consequently, I'm going to sell Sig #2 after taking delivery (which many of you have assumed) and then take delivery at some point in the future of the Founders version. And I feel incredibly lucky to first have held the reservation for #2 and now to be able to get the discounted Founders.

It will be REALLY hard not to keep it, but ... Founders. So no road trip coming up. But plenty of pics will be taken, measurements supplied, etc.

I will offer you $25 and a trap full of crawfish for your Sig X. :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

And two autographed bags of Rolos

I just got my call from Tesla about my Founder's Edition Model X!!

I will receive an invite to configure it next week.

Only 5000$ will be required for deposit.

Price will be known next week but should be a base Model S P90D + 5K$

Then 1 Week after reservation, they begin production!

Wow. Production next week?! This is great to hear. If they give you an ETA on when production ends, let us know. Delivery transit could take a while.

I will offer you $25 and a trap full of crawfish for your Sig X. :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

And two autographed bags of Rolos

Yeah, ummm ... Rolo? Not. Even. Close.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got my call from Tesla about my Founder's Edition Model X!!

I will receive an invite to configure it next week.

Only 5000$ will be required for deposit.

Price will be known next week but should be a base Model S P90D + 5K$

Then 1 Week after reservation, they begin production!

Wow. Production next week?! This is great to hear. If they give you an ETA on when production ends, let us know. Delivery transit could take a while.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be too emotionally invested in production beginning within a week of making the reservation.

Yeah, I'm just as surprised as you are. Hopefully, not bad info from Tesla rep... But why would the Tesla rep call him and provide that piece of info ?

Because he was told what we all are... one week after configuring, the order is "confirmed" and sent to the factory.

It doesn't mean that production occurs at that point - just that the order is locked in.

Because he was told what we all are... one week after configuring, the order is "confirmed" and sent to the factory.

It doesn't mean that production occurs at that point - just that the order is locked in.

Yes I think that's what he meant.

But he also said that Tesla is very grateful of those who locked referrals and that we would «step in» the production line very quickly. I also reminded him that I'm located in Canada and asked him if they had already solved Transport Canada certification issues. He said that for the very limited Founder's Edition they don't have to go through the regular certification channel.

I'm sceptical, but what the heck ... I will configure as quickly as possible and see what happens!

Yes, I know ... Tesla Time!

But at least, they respected the 2 weeks time as specified in the letter!

BTW, I told him thank you for calling me a friday the 13th ... à lucky day!

:smile:

Bonnie,

Been watching the thread for some time now and so excited for you to get your MX and post all the details! I'm surprised Tesla wouldnt just let you transfer the 40k from the sig over to the Founders. I cant imagine they will make you wait all that long for the Founders. Then you wouldnt have those "problems" you described earlier in the thread of two Model X's!

Hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving with their families!