Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given what we know now, I don't see any way that Tesla is going to come close to their stated Model X production targets by end of Q4. For those of you who still own stock in Tesla, there is going to be a huge buying opportunity when the Q4 earnings are announced next year...

Everything I've seen to date makes it clear now that Tesla should have delayed the Model X until Q1 2016 as what we have now is a complete and total joke. Unless I've missed something here, Tesla hasn't even gotten past the founders cars yet.

I realize there would have been a potentially major hit to the share price by delaying the Model X again, leading to order cancellations and the like, but really, who could possibly be happy with the current pace of production?

Jeff

Less than 100.

*cough* eds was right *cough*

;-)

Someone else (I think it was dirkh) pointed out that Eds might actually be incorrect... as in severely overestimating with the "less than 100" statement:mad: The highest Founder VIN I've seen posted here is 36.

Given what we know now, I don't see any way that Tesla is going to come close to their stated Model X production targets by end of Q4. For those of you who still own stock in Tesla, there is going to be a huge buying opportunity when the Q4 earnings are announced next year...

Everything I've seen to date makes it clear now that Tesla should have delayed the Model X until Q1 2016 as what we have now is a complete and total joke. Unless I've missed something here, Tesla hasn't even gotten past the founders cars yet.

I realize there would have been a potentially major hit to the share price by delaying the Model X again, leading to order cancellations and the like, but really, who could possibly be happy with the current pace of production?

Jeff

My observation is that major share price moves are driven largely by financials (a combination of things like revenue and margins). If Tesla meets or beats guidance based on the strength of Model S and shows strong growth, the slower than expected X ramp shouldn't have much effect.

I completely agree though that the Model X launch has been utterly ridiculous.

I expected that Tesla would have applied the lessons from Model S in order to ensure a smoother and faster production ramp, but I was obviously mistaken. As a shareholder, I was furious when Elon told the press on launch day that Model X was the "hardest car in the world to build" and that perhaps no one should build a car like this. Not a good use of precious resources IMO, and certainly a poor way to treat customers who have suffered delay after delay. I understood all the crazy stuff that went down with the Roadster and Model S, but the third vehicle around, the company should have been better than this.

That being said, I believe that Elon and Tesla realize they cannot screw around where it comes to Model 3. We'll see in a few years...

First there is trading-talk and then the hope to get delivery information of Sig 2.

Just my 2 cents:

You won't get this info here anymore, till the first Sig deliveries are public.[emoji6]

And that is adorable.

Just read the last 489 posts and the other 5+ threads here waiting for her delivery: If you where in that position, would you want to be the reason for TSLA ups or downs?

Last edited:
I could be mistaken, but it appears that Bonnie may have made a conscious decision not to post in this thread until she has news to share. So perhaps a question like the one above may better be asked in a private message.
I have it from the, err, horses mouth (bad idiom, I guess) that she does NOT want more PMs. Apparently way too many people are sending her PMs. She told me several months ago that she'd much rather have us ping her here than send her more PMs.

I predict she will receive it the week that includes Christmas. How did I come to this conclusion? Would it be too wild an idea to deliver a crap ton of these cars right before Christmas? Then, Elon can wear a big old Santa hat for PR purposes.