Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue / White Tint choice and heat management?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did some searching about tinting with white interior. See the consensus seems to be minimum 30%. I have an off-White interior on my Porsche and went with 30% because it’s black and I didn’t want the car completely murdered out looking. I somewhat regret it. I’m planning on going with 20%. Any thoughts or pics?

In Houston area so heat rejection is critical.

Thinking of putting 70 or 80 percent on the windshield. Never done that before, how does it work with polarized glasses? Also, are people tinting the center roof? I’m planning on getting the shade, as I don’t like super high amounts of sun in my eyes during the summer (sunroof cover closed).

Thanks for your thoughts all.

I tinted 3m Crystalline 40% which I was told was the darkest crystalline comes. I have black interior though not white. I also tinted pano roof and back window. I am happy with it, I am getting pretty good heat rejection.

I tinted the windshield for the first time in this car, 70% 3m Crystalline as well. I have not had an issue with my polarized sunglasses as of yet. You cant even tell its tinted with 70% tint. I got it for heat rejection.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dre78
You're right. Here is the chart for 3M Crystalline:

25uhaup.png