Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego/ Poway Window Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies for yet another tint thread, but I just picked up my Model 3 in Midnight silver metallic, black interior, and I am having a very hard time finding the right tint place in northern San Diego. I am looking for up to date recommendations on which percentage and brand of tint to go for. I am pretty certain that I will do 70% on the windshield and either 30 or 35% and no roof tint (I am using a roof sun shade). Here are what I have found so far:

• Cali Tint: $650 all around (front and sides and rear), Johnson tint
  • Alvin's Tint Shop: $1250 all around, Xpel
  • Tint World: $800 all around, Suntek
  • Monumental Workx: $900 all around, Formula1
  • Mr Tint, $900 all around, Pinnacle?
I am leaving towards the Monumental Workx since I have seen good things on this forum. Or Mr Tint as it is closest.

One concern is that I often wear polarized sunglasses and want to avoid the "rainbow effect". I am mostly interested in heat protection and not privacy.

Apologies for yet another tint thread, but I just picked up my Model 3 in Midnight silver metallic, black interior, and I am having a very hard time finding the right tint place in northern San Diego. I am looking for up to date recommendations on which percentage and brand of tint to go for. I am pretty certain that I will do 70% on the windshield and either 30 or 35% and no roof tint (I am using a roof sun shade). Here are what I have found so far:

• Cali Tint: $650 all around (front and sides and rear), Johnson tint
  • Alvin's Tint Shop: $1250 all around, Xpel
  • Tint World: $800 all around, Suntek
  • Monumental Workx: $900 all around, Formula1
  • Mr Tint, $900 all around, Pinnacle?
I am leaving towards the Monumental Workx since I have seen good things on this forum. Or Mr Tint as it is closest.

One concern is that I often wear polarized sunglasses and want to avoid the "rainbow effect". I am mostly interested in heat protection and not privacy.
Curious what you chose... I'm nearby and considering the same thing. Got quotes from MrTint, TintWorld and Elite Finish. MrTint was similar, Tint World was less but they want to only do half the back window.

after getting some crazy quotes from multiple shops, I found a reputable shop that did all sides and rear for $369 OTD

20% ceramic all the way around

SoCal Auto Style in Temecula

EA6EBF88-3AC1-4F38-9E0C-2DB78F0E5B7C.jpeg