Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Tinting advice needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am super excited to be getting my 2023 Model 3 tinted on Friday.
I have never gotten a car tinted so I am looking for any advice out there.
Stuff to watch out for, what is acceptable etc..
I am going to a place in Detroit that comes highly recommended with a lot of Tesla experience.
I think I want to go 20% all around except for the windshield. Ill leave that and the roof not tinted.

Thanks!
Pics to follow after its done.

I did 35% all around and 70% on the windshield because the SoCal summer sun can get roasting and it rejects most of the UV. I was hesitant to do the windshield at all, but 70% is still usable at night. I would not go any darker. I didn't get the roof glass tinted as it's pretty dark already, but I think I'm going to add some soon as you can really feel the heat radiating off that when the sun is overhead. Post pics when you're done.

I am also thinking of doing tint on my Model 3. Any suggestions on what kind of tint shall I get and the price-range that should be reasonable? I want to do side windows, and rear windshield at 50% or 75%.

Since I live in NJ, the front windshield should be transparent I saw there are ceramics that costs more that could be transparent and can help with reducing infrared and UV. I'm totally new to this. Any advice or recommendation would be highly appreciated.

I am super excited to be getting my 2023 Model 3 tinted on Friday.
I have never gotten a car tinted so I am looking for any advice out there.
Stuff to watch out for, what is acceptable etc..
I am going to a place in Detroit that comes highly recommended with a lot of Tesla experience.
I think I want to go 20% all around except for the windshield. Ill leave that and the roof not tinted.

Thanks!
Pics to follow after its done.
stick with brand name supplies and top authorized installers
I did Xpel Prime tint all windows including the windshield in clear
talked to two top xpel certified installers to get a feel of flexibility and quality related to answers
check online reviews
now three Ts later, same installer, xpel ppf and tint
very happy

do your homework

Reactions: Lance From Jax