Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy, Round 3 - $310, including 32 Gig Card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Andyw2100

Oct 22, 2014
Ithaca, NY
I was asked by @berkeley_ecar if I would consider organizing a third group buy for the Blackvue 650 2 channel dashcam. It has been some time since the second group buy, so I thought, "why not?"

I contacted the company, Rear View Safety, and they were willing to once again provide the dashcams for $310, plus shipping, as before.

Here are links to the original thread and to the thread for the second round:
Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy for $310, including 32 Gig card and Power Magic Pro

Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy, Round 2 - $310, including 32 Gig Card

Here is the relevant information:

The current price on Rear View Safety's website for the Blackvue 650, with a 32 gig card is $379.99:
DR650S-2CH | Blackvue 2 Channel 32GB Dash Camera | Rear View Safety

The price they will offer for the group buy is again $310!

(Note that this time, like last time, the Powermagic Pro, which we don't really need with our cars anyway, is not included. It actually wasn't supposed to be included the first time either, but they did include it, due to some miscommunication.

You may order by phone, or via their website. If ordering by phone, please call James at (800) 764-1028, ext 725, and reference discount code TESLALOVESRVS. If you order via their website, just make sure to use the discount code.

Rear View Safety will honor this price through the end of February, 2017.

(I just want to say, for the record, that I'm not receiving anything for arranging this again.)

Order away!

That looks interesting, though there is a slight difference in the specs. (The Massdrop camera includes the 16 gig card and the one from Rear View Safety includes a 32 gig card.)

I don't know much about Massdrop, and whether or not those cameras would be considered sold by an authorized Blackvue dealer or not. But if you don't mind waiting, that may be a better deal.

That looks like a great deal, and it even includes the Power Magic Pro. And it appears to be coming directly from Blackvue, so there should be no issues with warranty. ('m not certain about that, so don't act based on my thoughts, please.)

The one issue I see is that the above seems to be some limited offer that says it is 100% claimed. There is an option to join a waiting list. I'm not familiar with how that works on Amazon.

In general, though, that looks really good.

Well, I'm baffled. When I pull up this Amazon document, I see a price of $399, not $271. I'm not a Prime member, perhaps that
explains it? Or perhaps it has something to do with the "limited offer" issue raised by Andyw2100?

I just received mine over the weekend and it is a brand new factory sealed unit with front and rear cameras along with the hardware needed to mount it. The Mass drop for a Blackvue DR650S 2 channel system it's back, and the current price is $259.99 for those of you who commit right away.Click the red link if you're still looking to get one at a low price. blackvue DR650 2 channel dash cam

FYI, this deal ends in 5 days