Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy, Round 2 - $310, including 32 Gig Card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't take picture as I installed it. There is someone else that did this on TMC that did take pictures and detailed the steps. It isn't easy to explain.
I don't believe any one other than you has reported, as I understand you have, running the rear camera cable thru the rubber boot on the hatch, along the channel towards the license plates, out on that far end thru an already existing fenestration, and then back up to the top of the window. I've seen 1) jump the gap 2) drill a hole 3) push across the spot welds along the top of the window, using a large gauge copper cylinder. Did you in fact mean to express that you routed it the long way?

I don't believe any one other than you has reported, as I understand you have, running the rear camera cable thru the rubber boot on the hatch, along the channel towards the license plates, out on that far end thru an already existing fenestration, and then back up to the top of the window. I've seen 1) jump the gap 2) drill a hole 3) push across the spot welds along the top of the window, using a large gauge copper cylinder. Did you in fact mean to express that you routed it the long way?
I definitely ran it the long way. I ended up with about 6 inches of coax cable remaining. And yes someone here on the forum did post just that. They took the hatch depressed handles out to route the cable at the far end. I just took the whole trim off. It was difficult to get the trim snapped back on since it was so large.

As a distributor and installer of the BlackVue systems, we are currently offering a Holiday End of Year Sale.

BlackVue 650S 16GB Dual HD Recorder
Retail: $369.00
SALE PRICE: $305 shipped to anywhere within the continental USA.

Contact us at 510-623-1308 and mention you are a Teslamotorsclub member.

Reactions: lloyds