Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Pandemic Car....Period

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still have to travel during this pandemic for my type of work. Must say eating in the car for lunch with Netflix and Youtube? No other car out there can offer this entertainment while eating lunch each day....

Agree
Am not an essential worker but done some driving (allowed in my state) and supercharging feels far safer than a typical gas station visit (in my opinion).

Just sitting in the car with the climate/ AV on you are not polluting the air either. We have taken quite a few trips to the beach on chilly days where we just sit in the car, watch the waves to relieve stress / get out of the house.

Have lost power due to wind storms a couple of times as well during this mess and using the car in the garage to charge up phones/Ipad was nice to have as well.

Reactions: Krugerrand
Agree
Am not an essential worker but done some driving (allowed in my state) and supercharging feels far safer than a typical gas station visit (in my opinion).

Just sitting in the car with the climate/ AV on you are not polluting the air either. We have taken quite a few trips to the beach on chilly days where we just sit in the car, watch the waves to relieve stress / get out of the house.

Have lost power due to wind storms a couple of times as well during this mess and using the car in the garage to charge up phones/Ipad was nice to have as well.

The longer I own these cars the more I realize the advantages we have over other cars. Some day I hope most people can have this experience....

The big HEPA filter also gives some levels of comfort that the air inside is being cleaned as much as possible. With pollen counts so high right now, that helps out with the sniffles as well.

ICE cars have issues with just sitting. Their motors need to be run from time to time to recharge their 12V batteries and gasoline goes stale in the tank if not used for long periods.

Got out of the house yesterday, for a mental health day. On a warm Sunny day we cruised the San Diego back country roads. Was interesting to see how much activity was going on. The nurserys were busy with people tending to their gardens and putting in some veggie plantings. Seemed like everybody was talking about fresh home grown tomatoes. The gas stations were open, as well as many of the restaurants. Not many people inside, but mostly doing a brisk take away business. Stopped at the local Yellow Deli for some fresh Green Drink and chatted for a while with the employees. They said their in house farm was growing amazing crops for their farm to table program, and that customers were happy that they were open. We set up a little table with folding chairs next to a little creek by the road. Fresh open air felt great and the warm Sun comforting.

Some of the RV parks have opened up. Only about 1/4 full, so easy social distancing. Some were living in their RV's full time due to household issues and the desire to keep away from working family members who were front line nurses/ police/fire department etc. Kids were running around in the open air and fun was to be had.

Was able to take the X off roading a bit in the rugged winery back roads. They were rutted and steep, but just putting the suspension into HIGH seemed to give enough ground clearance to creep slowly through the rougher spots. Concentrating on the driving took my mind off other matters.

We came home refreshed and with great attitudes. With the media so full of Covid talk it was great to get out into nature and reality for just a day.

Thanks Elon.

I must say, the surround audio in the car watching Extraction on Netflix rivals my home theater system (it's actually better). Turn off all the lights in the garage, stream an action flick and crank up the volume. Oh don't forget to duck as bullets whiz by you. LOL
I wish the Tesla had a Disney+ app so that I could stream the Marvel movies! Would love to watch those movies with the premium Tesla sound! Or even better, wish I could cast from my phone to the Tesla screen, then I'd have access to all my other streaming services as well!

Other long-range BEVs and a good cell plan would be cheaper.

Cool story bro.

I’m sure other people manage just fine watching their phones or tablets.

You could get by with a cell phone, but it’s not even close to the same.
I take it you both use your phones instead of the 15” integrated screen when you watch Netflix ?

Other long-range BEVs and a good cell plan would be cheaper.

And your avatar is "It's not about the money," yet your post seems to be that it's all about the money! Yes, other BEVs and a good cell plan would be cheaper, but as my daddy used to say, you get what you pay for... IF you're careful. Tesla gives you the best car on the road, and so, yes, it's more expensive than some used Toyota RAV4 EV. Which I used to own.

Reactions: X-pilot