Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery smoking X after body work, what to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel your pain. I thought my experience with the Tesla certified repair shop was bad... But it's nothing compared to yours. From my experience, Tesla seems pretty competent. As frustrating as this might be, I'd enjoy the loaner for the time being. But totally understand your concerns and I feel your pain. Your warranty shouldn't be affected. If things really don't work out -- there is always the lemon law.
I'm not sure a lemon law would apply. This was a faulty repair by an independent shop after an accident. It's not a manufacturing or design defect. Seems like you should go after the body shop. Tesla seems to be bending over to try to help this bad situation but they are not responsible for you running off the road and the damage and the bad repair. I know it's a $150,000 car but you broke it and there are consequences. Blaming Tesla seems a stretch.

I don't know what to say to your story except I feel bad for you and please get a dash cam installed when you get it back. I understand you wanting a new one but I'm not sure that's fair to the body shop if it can be fixed properly.

I hope it all works out for you. You certainly have a good attitude and a lot of patience which I commend you for.

I'm not sure a lemon law would apply. This was a faulty repair by an independent shop after an accident. It's not a manufacturing or design defect. Seems like you should go after the body shop. Tesla seems to be bending over to try to help this bad situation but they are not responsible for you running off the road and the damage and the bad repair. I know it's a $150,000 car but you broke it and there are consequences. Blaming Tesla seems a stretch.
He had other issues - prior to the accident, that were not fixed.