Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad seal in little window triangles in front doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got it too. I've arranged to have service come to me to fix it next week.

A tech came to my house and confirmed that there was a "really big breeze" coming in from the little triangular front door windows. He basically packed the rubber moulding with some silicon tape to make it thicker and that's helped.

He was prepared to replace the entire little window and side mirrors - apparently they go together somehow. He explained that sometimes those little windows get "bent" from people pulling on them to close or open the doors...

For now, I'm happy with the fix. I'll see how long it lasts.

I've had my car in for this twice now... The service center agrees they feel the draft but say I've got the new parts to fix it already installed. No solution as yet...

They say that you have the parts as specified in the service bulletin, and that those parts did not take care of the problem?

if so, when did you have the repair done that used those parts?

Most of the early cars had the small triangle window problem and sc has fixed them all.

I had the wind noise fixed, but I've been having problems with corrosion. Both my mirror assemblies were replaced because I was getting horrible grey streaks down the side of the car after it got wet or I washed it. They replaced the mirrors with modified ones with "coated" brackets. But then I started getting corrosion coming up from under the bottom rubber on the triangle windows inside the car. They were removed and cleaned by service last year, but the corrosion returned again recently. Service once again removed the door panels and cleaned the corrosion. They said if it continues or gets worse, there are modified versions of the triangle windows, but were hesitant to replace them because they may re-introduce the wind noise problem.

IMG_1718.JPG