Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome iOS App called Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife keep telling me that I need to write an Android version too. Writing an Android version means a complete re-write on a platform which is not fun to develop apps for.
Take a look at Xamarin/Visual Studio for Mac. I've been developing with it for a long time now and find it very useful if you have a lot of code that can be shared. UI is a little different depending on how custom your objects are but if you're going to rewrite it, using C# is pretty easy.

• Informative
Reactions: f8K37Sq31
Just released an update which adds Siri Shortcuts for enabling/disabling Sentry mode. See attached.

Attachments

• Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone XS Max - 2019-02-25 at 16.54.15.PNG
    Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone XS Max - 2019-02-25 at 16.54.15.PNG
    173.7 KB · Views: 76
Is there a quick way to turn Stats off if I need maximum battery conservation? For instance, if I'm leaving my car in an airport parking lot for a couple weeks in the middle of a cold snap during a Canadian winter (think daily highs below -20C for a couple weeks), I really don't want scheduled heating/cooling coming on every day. I also don't want to delete all my programmed scheduled events because every day of the week I work a different schedule and I don't want to have to set them all up again on my return.
Basically I'm looking for a vacation mode that stops all Stats access to the car until I turn off the vacation mode. Make it a big slider at the top or bottom of the settings menu for easy access.

Is there a quick way to turn Stats off if I need maximum battery conservation? For instance, if I'm leaving my car in an airport parking lot for a couple weeks in the middle of a cold snap during a Canadian winter (think daily highs below -20C for a couple weeks), I really don't want scheduled heating/cooling coming on every day. I also don't want to delete all my programmed scheduled events because every day of the week I work a different schedule and I don't want to have to set them all up again on my return.
Basically I'm looking for a vacation mode that stops all Stats access to the car until I turn off the vacation mode. Make it a big slider at the top or bottom of the settings menu for easy access.

I'm planning to add an enable/disable switch to each of the climate schedules, but in the meantime if you really want to keep those schedules, you can modify the schedules by turning on the switch shown in the attached screenshot. When you do this, at least for the first day please check to make sure that the climate does not turn on according to the schedule; I don't want your car to run out of battery at the airport

Attachments

• IMG_DCEC6555177B-1.jpeg
    IMG_DCEC6555177B-1.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 67
Feature idea, not sure if this is doable: connecting the price of gas per gallon to some online registery for the national or state average? So we wouldn’t have to adjust it over time.

Got the app last week and love it btw. Great work!
It's probably not worth the trouble. I need to be able to get the price of gas for all over the world and answer questions like "my favorite gas station sells gas for cheaper", etc.

Reactions: Thomas Edison
It's probably not worth the trouble. I need to be able to get the price of gas for all over the world and answer questions like "my favorite gas station sells gas for cheaper", etc.
How about using the average price per state/province? Here is a source, I'm sure there are others. Not sure about what it would take to get the rights to use the data, simply a suggestion.

I'm planning to add an enable/disable switch to each of the climate schedules, but in the meantime if you really want to keep those schedules, you can modify the schedules by turning on the switch shown in the attached screenshot. When you do this, at least for the first day please check to make sure that the climate does not turn on according to the schedule; I don't want your car to run out of battery at the airport
Good suggestion. I still like a vacation mode switch so I can shut off any and all features of the app that might contribute to possible battery drain, no matter how small, with the flick of one switch. No worrying that I forgot to disable one schedule or the like.

Good suggestion. I still like a vacation mode switch so I can shut off any and all features of the app that might contribute to possible battery drain, no matter how small, with the flick of one switch. No worrying that I forgot to disable one schedule or the like.

Kill the app and disable background app refresh for it and the Tesla app. That should keep it from doing anything. Make sure you do so on all devices where it's installed.

Never mind the new car shows up up top. Pretty slick.
Sorry about the car being totaled and I hope you are ok. It's good that you got a replacement.
You can ask Tesla to remove the old car from the account. The app automatically lists cars that are linked to your account and if there are more than one car, you'll see a button with the name of the car. Tapping on the button switches between cars that are linked to your account.