Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot bug reports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there an official way to report bugs? My car lost both lane markings in the dash and almost drove me off the road.

I was in the left lane and there was a single car in the right lane about 30 yards ahead of me on the NYS thruway yesterday. Light rain seemed to cause the AP to lose the lane markings... Happens a lot.

Then... The car in the right lane switches lanes, still a good 30-40 yards ahead... And my AP proceeds to "keep me in formation" and drives me all the way off the road left and I take over just in time.

At a minimum this is proof that AP doesn't use maps or google maps since this is remarkably straight roadway.

It just used the car in front right as a leader and assumed the road curved.. I guess.

Stay focused people!

The whole point is that you have a display in front of you showing what it's doing. When the car in front is blue, it's following it. When following lanes, the lines are blue.

Pay attention, and learn and understand how it works! It is an advanced driver ASSISTANCE system, period.

You can clearly see it track the blue car, therefore you will be able to predict that it will make a mistake and take over earlier.

The whole point is that you have a display in front of you showing what it's doing. When the car in front is blue, it's following it. When following lanes, the lines are blue.

Pay attention, and learn and understand how it works! It is an advanced driver ASSISTANCE system, period.

You can clearly see it track the blue car, therefore you will be able to predict that it will make a mistake and take over earlier.
Perfect advice.

Once I see that the lanes fade or disappear, I prepare to take over. This is especially important in the rain. Occasionally, I'll let it follow a car it is tracking but more often than not, I'll turn off autosteer leaving TACC.

I think Tesla should give lessons to everyone who has AP enabled. "No shade" but everyone isn't catching on as easily as others.

You can always email tesla at [email protected].

I've had problems which I've reported to them using that address. They will send an automated reply, then I have always gotten a reply within 24-48 hours. One time it escalated to a service visit.

I usually report details of time, location, direction of travel, etc... It has seemed to help our autopilot experience.

Good luck and stay safe!