Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autonomy Investor Day - April 22 at 2pm ET

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally, use on local roads is why Tesla has any data at all to use for FSD in cities (which is what they will be showing off supposedly during this investor event). So I'm not entirely sure why people attack owners for using the system as intended on local roads (its not FSD, so owners are always responsible anyways).

Not so sure about that. The mapping data could be collected in ”shadow mode” and indeed is. Mapping is one area where I actually do think Tesla can use their fleet to ”learn” just as MobilEye uses the EyeQ4 fleet eg. BMWs to map.

I of course agree Tesla has marketed Autopilot 2+ for local road use in various instances.

Since we are just a few hours now, let me post my prediction of what I think we will see.

1) We will get an update on AP3 including specs, production and customer upgrades.
2) Tesla will boast about how good AP3 is ("only uses 10%" etc and how they've developed amazing NN with it.
3) We will get an update on "feature complete" FSD. Tesla will say that they are feature complete or nearing feature complete.
4) We will get a FSD demo video that purports to show "feature complete", showing a car navigating roads, stopping at red lights, turning at intersections and parking itself
5) We will get update on Tesla Network with marketing hype about how autonomous ride-sharing will revolutionize transportation.
6) Attendees will get some test drives.

Tesla posted this:

"Tesla is making significant progress in the development of its autonomous driving software and hardware, including our FSD computer, which is currently in production and which will enable full-self driving via future over-the-air software updates. With a number of very exciting developments coming in the weeks and months ahead, Tesla will host investors on the morning of April 19th at our headquarters in Palo Alto to provide a deep dive into our self-driving technology and road map"
Tesla Autonomy Event news hub