Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Automatic Wipers Stopped Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Mid Range Model 3, and for the first month of ownership the Auto Wipers worked pretty well. As other's have said, they weren't perfect and would turn on in the garage, not work in light rain, etc - but they worked, and I knew they would get better with Neural Network updates.

However in the last couple of weeks I noticed they no longer work at all, even in heavy rain. I restarted the car, checked my settings (Service mode not on), and cleaned my front windshield. They will only work in manual mode. I'm on 2018.48.12.1

Called into Tesla Support and the person said he received 5 calls that day on the exact same issue. I asked if the .50 update fixed the issue, and he said he didn't know, and he couldn't push it. He said to wait for the update, and if that didn't work they could send out a tech (I'm far from the service center).

Not seeing anyone post on the forums about this issue - just complaining about it not being perfect. Has anyone seen this behavior? Maybe an issue with the NN 48 update, or a specific issue with my car? Any suggestions to fix?

I have a Mid Range Model 3, and for the first month of ownership the Auto Wipers worked pretty well. As other's have said, they weren't perfect and would turn on in the garage, not work in light rain, etc - but they worked, and I knew they would get better with Neural Network updates.

However in the last couple of weeks I noticed they no longer work at all, even in heavy rain. I restarted the car, checked my settings (Service mode not on), and cleaned my front windshield. They will only work in manual mode. I'm on 2018.48.12.1

Called into Tesla Support and the person said he received 5 calls that day on the exact same issue. I asked if the .50 update fixed the issue, and he said he didn't know, and he couldn't push it. He said to wait for the update, and if that didn't work they could send out a tech (I'm far from the service center).

Not seeing anyone post on the forums about this issue - just complaining about it not being perfect. Has anyone seen this behavior? Maybe an issue with the NN 48 update, or a specific issue with my car? Any suggestions to fix?
I am on the same software level and mine are still working in auto mode. Might want to get service to take a look - maybe some connection came loose.

I had something similar where the auto-wipers worked less and less until I had to go completely to manual mode. Tesla ended up replacing a camera and repeater.
However, I was also experiencing times when EAP would not work too.

Same problem.