Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic High Beams Suck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should have made this thread a poll. The automatic high beams are total garbage. One because they suck, and two, because overriding them is NOT a real-time operation. Frankly, shame on all the fanboi's who are saying RTFM and posting pictures of the user guide. If you have to go to the user guide, your user interface has already failed.

Also, don't be jealous of rain sensing wipers, they are also, garbage. I manually wipe now during "intermittent" rain conditions.

What? The OP asked how to turn off the automatic wipers and people replied with... instructions on how to turn them off and where to find said instructions.

Also, the option isn't exactly hidden. It's on the first screen that comes up when you bring up the controls menu, right with all the other controls for lighting.

I don't blame the OP for missing it, as I think we've all had times where we couldn't find things that are out in the open(I can't tell you how many times I've thought I lost the keys I was holding in my hand), but let's not pretend that one person asking where to find an option is a grand indictment of the UI.

Mine have worked flawlessly from the day they got activated. I wonder if it's a calibration issue. My AP2 has worked reasonably well too, compared to some of the complaints I've read about. My car experienced a few days of delay at the factory. My DS said the new hardware cars were taking longer because they were trying to get them dialed in. This was early December. My thinking is they couldn't afford to keep carefully dialing in each car, so they are letting service centers or software deal with it. Just my guess.

False. They do not work well at all. They are dangerous. Not sure what agenda people have in lying about this. Please test for yourself by taking a night test drive and report back to us.

As I mentioned earlier, I've done that and had them work perfectly. That said, I think we should all take a step back and realize that YMMV. Some people seem to be having a good experience with them, others seem to be having a really bad one. That could be due to lots of things(differing roads/conditions, differing expectations for what's "good", confirmation bias, etc). I don't think anybody here is just lying about their experience with it.

• Helpful
Reactions: drklain and oktane
False. They do not work well at all. They are dangerous. Not sure what agenda people have in lying about this. Please test for yourself by taking a night test drive and report back to us.
Sounds like fun. Any excuse to go for a drive. I'll film it with my iPhone. Hope I don't turn out to be wrong, but I will report back regardless.

• Helpful
Reactions: oktane
So you're the guy that was a mile behind me with his high beams on. Thanks a lot, man. :)
You didn't see the "danger Moose crossing" signs? I need as much warning as possible to avoid slamming into a 1000 lb slab of beef. I don't want to check that 5 star safety rating!

(Seriously, I only worry about it in the middle of nowhere NH where wild life is a big issue. I don't need another deer strike).

You didn't see the "danger Moose crossing" signs? I need as much warning as possible to avoid slamming into a 1000 lb slab of beef. I don't want to check that 5 star safety rating!

(Seriously, I only worry about it in the middle of nowhere NH where wild life is a big issue. I don't need another deer strike).

Ironically, I find myself in Hebron, NH every now and then.