Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my final invoice updated. Mine says build 27-December-2023 and now with stamp duty of $2500 for the registration. Application for registration also been updated. Hope official email from Tesla will come soon
So how do we apply the free stamp duty? Wait, just curious, seriously dont know. How come there is $2500 stamp duty which is before was free (and i believe we can claim it back) and there is $3000 rebate. Are they 2 different things?

So how do we apply the free stamp duty? Wait, just curious, seriously dont know. How come there is $2500 stamp duty which is before was free (and i believe we can claim it back) and there is $3000 rebate. Are they 2 different things?
1) Stamp Duty: If you qualify, you now have to apply for a refund, after you get delivery of the car.
2) Yes, they are two different things.
Both items are handled on the NSW gov website, after you take delivery of the car.

• Informative
Reactions: cafz
It's two different thing. For the stamp duty, you pay and claim it back later. The $3000 is the rebate which I believe you also claim. The $3000 rebate does not apply to me because I am doing Novated Lease

I'm interested in the "new VIN" story.

So Glovis goes back to China with a batch of RHD teslas. They all have a VIN number.

Do the VINS just get shuffled like a deck of cards and everyone gets a different VIN from the Same batch of cars that were on the Glovis? (I understand order specs will remain the same in the shuffle)

If so what's the point in that?

yes - the new rego form will reflect your new VIN and Engine #'s

If the form appears on your account, you can go ahead and fill it out / send back to the Tesla registration email address
Thanks! I've now completed and submitted the revised NSW Registration form.

My final invoice is unchanged so far -- still the old one from October.

I'm interested in the "new VIN" story.

So Glovis goes back to China with a batch of RHD teslas. They all have a VIN number.

Do the VINS just get shuffled like a deck of cards and everyone gets a different VIN from the Same batch of cars that were on the Glovis? (I understand order specs will remain the same in the shuffle)

If so what's the point in that?
These are new vehicles manufactured in December, not just shuffling the vehicles that were sitting on the Glovis Caravel. I guess they could be committing fraud... but it seems like a silly and pointless thing to do, so why would they?

No-one outside Tesla knows what's going to happen to the older manufactured Model Y's that were on the rejected Glovis Caravel shipment at this point.

Possibly they'll flog them off with a discount. Possibly Tesla made an insurance claim on the whole shipment and it now belongs to the underwriters.

Good morning fellow Glovis survivors!

Just a note regarding the new VINs - there has been a lot of speculation that Shanghai is about to or has started producing model Ys with HW4. Today it was confirmed to me that my new VIN 363#### has HW3.

So far there are zero Model Ys from Shanghai with HW4. This will likely change later this year.

Good morning fellow Glovis survivors!

Just a note regarding the new VINs - there has been a lot of speculation that Shanghai is about to or has started producing model Ys with HW4. Today it was confirmed to me that my new VIN 363#### has HW3.

So far there are zero Model Ys from Shanghai with HW4. This will likely change later this year.
I used to work in the car game (40 years ago) and they always cleared as much of the old stock as possible before showing the new model.
That way, you minimised the need to discount.
People forget that car sales is still just 21st century horse trading.

With possibly a price increase and half the ram and storage, is it worth the wait as there always seems to be updates every 6 months.
If you like the Model Y now, get it now. The wait or buy now speculation will always happen in the tech world, and these cars are pretty much tech.
Be aware that Juniper will probably not have indicator stalks, but will probably have all the nice upgrades that the M3 Highland has - ventilated seats, rear screen, better suspension, HW4 etc. It might come with a price increase.

Reactions: Tony Soprano