Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm... There was a 7.5-magnitude earthquake in Japan a couple of hours ago and a Tsunami warning has been issued.
I wonder if this will cause any issues in Shanghai?
I hope not, and feel lucky i was in the area where evacuate immediately warning issued couple of days ago for 4 days. Good thing i landed back in Sydney on the 30th. Would have been nighthamare!

Reactions: Goneincognito
1000017436.png

On its way now!

Anyone got a vin with order date mid Nov-Dec? (Non inventory order)

Reactions: VladMY
There’s a ship full of teslas sent back to china. For those hoping for a new refresh model what do you think they are going to do with those cars? Even if the new refresh makes it here this year they will sell through their inventory first. So unless you are willing to wait about a year I wouldn’t hold my breath on trying to secure a new model.

There’s a ship full of teslas sent back to china. For those hoping for a new refresh model what do you think they are going to do with those cars? Even if the new refresh makes it here this year they will sell through their inventory first. So unless you are willing to wait about a year I wouldn’t hold my breath on trying to secure a new model.
Yep.
They're all RHD, so only Japan, NZ, AUS, UK and maybe a couple of others would want them.
However, they may discount them heavily in the next few months, just to clear the way.

I don’t think we are getting refresh/2024 models because when I put my VIN into a Tesla VIN decoder it says the ‘P’ as the tenth letter on my VIN makes it 2023. It’s also confirmed I DID get a new VIN. I used this site:

Let me know what it says for you.
We aren't getting the refresh
Tesla have already confirmed that.

If you aren't on Morning Crystal and don't have a new VIN yet, you "might" get a 2024 build car but NOT the refresh.

Reactions: cnotoham
We aren't getting the refresh
Tesla have already confirmed that.

If you aren't on Morning Crystal and don't have a new VIN yet, you "might" get a 2024 build car but NOT the refresh.
People without a new VIN might still be on the Crystal, there was talks about a team working to reassign those that had paid etc, so they may not have gotten around to it yet.