Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May mean nothing but it may mean something. The listing for then GC job type is REM. “REM = Removal movement, this is where a ship moves from one location within the port to another, for example may move from one berth to another for loading of different goods” I’m not sure if I’ve seen that type before.
It was REM last time it went to the grain terminal and it was just an inspection. Possible but feels unlikely.

Yikes, Sydney based EDD 6 - 27 Feb. This is insane... Not only that but the Novated Lease was paid for by the finance company and kicked off, so I'm currently paying for this stupid car with nothing to show for it.
And NOW we have to pay for stamp duty on registration and then apply for a refund? Jesus Christ I am almost ready to bail on all of this and look elsewhere 😮‍💨

I am also on GC boat.

My marriage may not last this delay as I sold our 2nd car in mid September based on the end September edd...

I don't know what to do here... it's either a new wife or a new car and given my mileage and condition I am unlikely to do as well as a trade in on the divorcee market...

Anyone else had luck securing an expediated model3 delivery? I was going to changeover to both a y and 3 regardless, but staggered the delivery to get the announced new m3.

Also, does tesla have a track record of converting outstanding orders to new models assuming the minimally upgraded model y soon becomes available?

Also, does tesla have a track record of converting outstanding orders to new models assuming the minimally upgraded model y soon becomes available?
Why would they do that? What do they do with the inventory then.

I mean look at Tesla method of not reassigning customers stuck on GC since October will tell you so. There’s people ordering this month, picking up same time as GC delays.

I am also on GC boat.

My marriage may not last this delay as I sold our 2nd car in mid September based on the end September edd...

I don't know what to do here... it's either a new wife or a new car and given my mileage and condition I am unlikely to do as well as a trade in on the divorcee market...

Anyone else had luck securing an expediated model3 delivery? I was going to changeover to both a y and 3 regardless, but staggered the delivery to get the announced new m3.

If you want a Tesla very soon, wait on the GC or cancel and get an inventory 2023 Model 3.

Tesla won't swap us to a newer model if available. I suspect they won't even announce the refresh if it is here, so they can clear GC stock first.

Reactions: Subaru X
I‘m currently waiting at my Hyundai dealer while they fix a cracked A/C condenser. Out of interest, I went to sales to ask about the new Kona EV.
I was seriously contemplating dropping the MY for a 2024 Kona EV but there’s no pricing and they’re stuck on the docks in Sydney until late January.

Interestingly, the sales guy shared that there are a few vehicle carrier ships stuck off the coast of Brisbane with stink bug problems. The Grand Aurora is sitting at the grain terminal being inspected for the second time.

Winnieblue, I just got the same EDD change as you and I agree. If the 2024 refresh appears, why would I take a 6 month old EV with a battery that’s not been looked after?

Attachments

• IMG_6518.jpeg
    IMG_6518.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 24
Finally, whilst it isn't the news we were hoping for, it seems we're being heard about how this delay is impacting us outside of just not getting a car on time.
Yeah I feel for the people who have off loaded their previous car already and/or paying their lease already! At least i have a great Model 3 LR to drive around in till my MYP arrives.
I've been watching this thread for a while now reading about the delays.

I just got the email with the 6 months autopilot offer too. My delivery date was updated three days ago to Dec 31 - Jan 21. It hasn't changed again yet so I am hopeful. I have 8 weeks off from today and was hoping to take it for some good drives over the next 2 months. I am still hopeful for a mid Jan delivery.