Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this post eventually the closest accurate what is happening now! so is he actually getting the 'near' accurate insight after all? hey mate, please share more insight... we love you bro.
We called this guy out for his multiple convenient sources and changing story. He's since gone very quiet.

A bit of publicity ain't gonna change the EDD. But, I'm a cheap date, so if all it results in is Tesla being 'shamed' into giving me a free UMC, I'll be happy.

But with everything else going on in the world, the collective whinging of a few privileged Tesla buyers (me included) ain't gonna really make headlines and or result in a free UMC.
Yeah, I'm feeling th same way. A small gesture or token of appreciation and apology for this mess from Tesla would go a LONG way in smoothing this. I'd say just give us a heap of credits for the Tesla store, to use on Supercharger or UMC, or even put towards some merch.
Other companies do this all the time, it's a win-win. Smooth over customer relations but subtly attract them to your store.

vent frustrations here... where in my post did I say to vent frustrations at the employees?
I didn't say you did, but as we've seen reported here, it is happening and creating anger against them by misrepresenting the situation here and elsewhere, placing blame where it clearly doesn't belong only encourages it.

Could they be doing more to keep people happy, for sure, as I said earlier, I'd be offering some sort of goodwill gesture.

Reactions: onmyway
I didn't say you did, but as we've seen reported here, it is happening and creating anger against them by misrepresenting the situation here and elsewhere, placing blame where it clearly doesn't belong only encourages it.

Could they be doing more to keep people happy, for sure, as I said earlier, I'd be offering some sort of goodwill gesture.
Tesla likely believes there's no need for compensation as demand for their cars remains strong. But if a significant number of us start cancelling their orders in favor of competitors' EVs or ICEs, it could trigger a sense of urgency. They would then be compelled to offer compensation to retain our orders, knowing well that once lost, it's unlikely they will win our orders back for at least several years. This scenario may have already begun, but not yet at a scale large enough for them to hit the panic button.

We called this guy out for his multiple convenient sources and changing story. He's since gone very quiet.

Yeah, I'm feeling th same way. A small gesture or token of appreciation and apology for this mess from Tesla would go a LONG way in smoothing this. I'd say just give us a heap of credits for the Tesla store, to use on Supercharger or UMC, or even put towards some merch.
Other companies do this all the time, it's a win-win. Smooth over customer relations but subtly attract them to your store.
Explain how shipping delays which caused delivery delays are Tesla's fault?

Reactions: robbie D
Sure, it's not their fault, but that doesn't mean they can just chill and do nothing. They're lucky their cars are still popular, unlike some other brands' cars in that Stinkship. But hey, if I have to wait more than two months for a freaking Toyota that's supposed to be in "existing inventory"? Forget it. I'd rather cancel and check out what other brands have got.

Reactions: archerwin
I agree that Tesla may not be directly at fault. However, Tesla doesn't go scott free here. If the bugs came from their cars from the gigafactory in Shanghai, then that's their fault. If they signed a contract with the owners of GC to ferry their cars around, that means they selected the GC company for logistics.

Tesla is the one who customers interact with, not the shipping company and the products on the GC are theirs. It's similar (but not exactly) like when building a new home, when a subcontractor messes up, you as the homeowner do not go directly to the sub contractor, but to the builder themselves to complain because they opted to get the services of that subcontractor.

Yes you've guessed correctly.. No receptionist and the guy I spoke to didn't even know there was any issues with GC delivery which was surprising. He took my details but unfortunately I do feel it was a waste of time.
Cool, I don't see any issue with that, I'm sure you did it respectfully and who knows it may prompt some questions which may lead to you guys getting some sort of compensitory measure.

I agree that Tesla may not be directly at fault.

I think the principle here, and one I've used in business many times, is that even though it's not their fault, you want to leave the customer with as good impression as possible, so in their shoes I would be looking to provide some sort of token to acknowledge they've been through the wringer.

I think the principle here, and one I've used in business many times, is that even though it's not their fault, you want to leave the customer with as good impression as possible, so in their shoes I would be looking to provide some sort of token to acknowledge they've been through the wringer.
Well, unfortunately, that's not their mission. Tesla's mission is "to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy."

You want to blackmail them with a good customer impression or anything like that? Sorry for the lack of a better quote: "Go f**k yourself" - Elon Musk CEO of Tesla 2023

Stinkship GC back to doing what it does best!

Attachments

• IMG_2987.jpeg
    IMG_2987.jpeg
    560.6 KB · Views: 23
Just got off the phone with the sales and delivery manager from HQ. It was good to know that everybody's phone calls or visit to their local Tesla dealerships are being recorded and they are seeing all the communications people are having. I asked her what was the purpose of the lastest berthing at Brisbane but unfortunately Tesla is not informed of that either, it was the Australian Custom's instructions but no details are passed on to Tesla.
Speaking for everyone, I did request that the cars are thoroughly cleaned on delivery day. She also mentioned there were number of biosecurity issues back in 2014 and 2015 and unfortunately this has been one of the worst delays since and possibly at the worst timing heading towards Christmas break messing with everyone's plans.
They do have plans to delivery as many vehicles over the Christmas break which they've never done before to ensure cars reachout to owners as soon as they arrive at their respective ports.

Just got off the phone with the sales and delivery manager from HQ. It was good to know that everybody's phone calls or visit to their local Tesla dealerships are being recorded and they are seeing all the communications people are having. I asked her what was the purpose of the lastest berthing at Brisbane but unfortunately Tesla is not informed of that either, it was the Australian Custom's instructions but no details are passed on to Tesla.
Speaking for everyone, I did request that the cars are thoroughly cleaned on delivery day. She also mentioned there were number of biosecurity issues back in 2014 and 2015 and unfortunately this has been one of the worst delays since and possibly at the worst timing heading towards Christmas break messing with everyone's plans.
They do have plans to delivery as many vehicles over the Christmas break which they've never done before to ensure cars reachout to owners as soon as they arrive at their respective ports.
Woah! Does that mean they’ll be processing shipments between Christmas and New Year?