Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There you go, as people transition to EVs if Costco want to keep their memberships they could adapt. Put some solar panels on the roof haha.
I doubt very much they will.
I miss those big jars of skippy peanut butter and the three foodies pesto in those big tubs…
i think there’s a few players that will miss the boat during the transition. The first one is Toyota, they just don’t get it, think PHEV and Hydrogen will win, but the race has already run. The BPs and Ampols are dipping their toe in the water but if they were serious they would have more than the token one or two chargers at their BP Pulse and AmpCharge woke sites. Tesla at the moment will wipe these organisations out of existence given the current trajectory. Evie, NRMA, RAA and others are investing but recent price hikes are showing that investment is high and returns are low. Just my gut feel but there will be a major player that steps up nationally that challenges Tesla.

Reactions: dronus and Shillo
Government and the big dollar companies like Tesla are the best suited to tackle this. NSW in particular is doing really well compared to other states when it comes to charging infrastructure. Hope this continues and government will continue to incentivise companies to build and expand. I mean at the end of the day, it’s governments job to develop infrastructure. Manufacturers don’t have to build charging networks. Toyota hasn’t built any servos around here. Tesla had to do that because when they entered the game, there was no such a thing as charging infrastructure. Tesla had to show customers that EVs aren’t just for running around town. But that era is in the past. Now it’s up to the other players. But I reckon they have received the message and are working on expanding. Just hope that it happens sooner than later.

Reactions: Cocoboy and dronus
animated-angry-cartoon-cat-2i4541mbmlqi1llf.gif

I hope no one approaches me at work until Wednesday arvo. This will be me until my car is off the Firm boi

i think there’s a few players that will miss the boat during the transition. The first one is Toyota, they just don’t get it, think PHEV and Hydrogen will win, but the race has already run. The BPs and Ampols are dipping their toe in the water but if they were serious they would have more than the token one or two chargers at their BP Pulse and AmpCharge woke sites. Tesla at the moment will wipe these organisations out of existence given the current trajectory. Evie, NRMA, RAA and others are investing but recent price hikes are showing that investment is high and returns are low. Just my gut feel but there will be a major player that steps up nationally that challenges Tesla.
NRMA is well positioned to become one in near future.

And these guys are not considering the part where savings will manifest itself like saved trucking and shipping costs, saved refining costs, saved dirty middleman costs all of those when gets diverted to building and maintaining sites and local production there will a lot to profit from in the long term.

Also as time goes hardware costs of chargers, local production and storage costs of electricity etc is going to go down and continues to go down if history is anything to learn from driving maintenance costs of sites further down and reliability of charging infrastructure keeps improving with each iteration.

Further to this, once a charger is wired there is minimal operational costs as no one have to load electricity in a truck and fill every other day to each charging site. None of the current balance sheet is an indicator of the future profitability for a company fully invested into the business.

And globally I was wondering why shouldn't fastfood conglomerates like KFC/MacDonalds/Tacobell/starbucks/etc who have lot of parking real estate across freeways and highways all around the globe get into partnership with one or more ev charging vendors and start getting each of their parking lot fitted with chargers .

Last edited:
Reactions: MacTessy and dronus
Government and the big dollar companies like Tesla are the best suited to tackle this. NSW in particular is doing really well compared to other states when it comes to charging infrastructure. Hope this continues and government will continue to incentivise companies to build and expand. I mean at the end of the day, it’s governments job to develop infrastructure. Manufacturers don’t have to build charging networks. Toyota hasn’t built any servos around here. Tesla had to do that because when they entered the game, there was no such a thing as charging infrastructure. Tesla had to show customers that EVs aren’t just for running around town. But that era is in the past. Now it’s up to the other players. But I reckon they have received the message and are working on expanding. Just hope that it happens sooner than later.
Agree with all you have said. The EV rebate was removed by NSW Labor with the promise of Investment in infrastructure…. Given past NSW Labor governments I think 3 years from now we will be disappointed but I hope I am wrong.

Agree with all you have said. The EV rebate was removed by NSW Labor with the promise of Investment in infrastructure…. Given past NSW Labor governments I think 3 years from now we will be disappointed but I hope I am wrong.
But considering the other option I think only Labor can do better or slightly better in this regard. So hoping whatever they are doing yield real benefit to each one of us.

And then we all should make sure that each one of the representatives understand what is the need of the day. Like writing letters to each of their offices demanding more public chargers, pole chargers, laws compelling public places and shared real estate to have EV charging etc.

Reactions: Cocoboy
NRMA is well positioned to become one in near future.

And these guys are not considering the part where savings will manifest itself like saved trucking and shipping costs, saved refining costs, saved dirty middleman costs all of those when gets diverted to building and maintaining sites and local production there will a lot to profit from in the long term.

Also as time goes hardware costs of chargers, local production and storage costs of electricity etc is going to go down and continues to go down if history is anything to learn from driving maintenance costs of sites further down and reliability of charging infrastructure keeps improving with each iteration.

Further to this once a charger is wired there is minimal operational costs as no one have to load electricity in a truck and fill every other day to each charging site. None of the current balance sheet is an indicator of the future profitability for a company fully invested into the business.

And globally I was wondering why shouldn't fastfood conglomerates like KFC/MacDonalds/Tacobell/starbucks/etc who have lot of parking real estate across freeways and highways all around the globe get into partnership with one or more ev charging vendors and start getting each of their parking lot fitted with chargers .
Every petrol station across the country should be mandated to have a 2 x 350kwh chargers. Use the same footprint.

Same for all supermarkets and malls (places where you spend time parked) mandated to have XX 50kwk chargers (rolling annual targets:
Y1 - 20% of total spots
Y2 - 40% of total spots
Y3 - 50% of total spots

Then partially fund home chargers and mandate strata properties to install.

I know the grids can’t handle an influx of EVs yet, but I sure hope those pole sockets will become a common thing.
Each drop counts. And quality of grid improves with influx of chargers organically. Otherwise the quality of grid was not in a shape to accomodate influx of these many humans (27 million as of last week) but it organically improved with suburb influx and similar thing will happen and it's not that himalayan of a task.

Just need a slight policy push and it will happen faster than we expect. Rooftop solar will reduce stress on existing lines.

Mandating small things like new houses should have Solar, EV owners with houses should have Solar first/have penalty added to rego, Increasing demand based pricing delta etc will help a lot in equalizing the new supply demand pattern to accomodate the change without rewiring the whole country one fine day.

Last edited:
Question, is it easier to navigate to the other threads using a Notebook or can it be done using the mobile app ? (if so how?) because I’m finding it pretty tricky finding my way around here using the mobile app
I understand that the TMC mobile app has been removed from the App Store and Android Play store.
You can use a web browser or the iOS Progressive Web App which is described below.

Reactions: Shillo and dronus