Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s not Covid. It’s biosecurity. The cars they have quarantined can’t leave the yard until they are deep cleaned, and re inspected by BS
I don't know, but it does not seem so. Some of them are parked "green" for 5 days, while some do nothing for half a day or so before unloading starts. RCC Asia in that schedule gets to operations immediately. Nevertheless, I know how annoying those "deep cleaning" people are as I did a personal import of a car a while ago. They checked it three times, pretended they found something and then charged me $900 for "deep cleaning", which they didn't even do, and I know it for sure.

I don't know, but it does not seem so. Some of them are parked "green" for 5 days, while some do nothing for half a day or so before unloading starts. RCC Asia in that schedule gets to operations immediately. Nevertheless, I know how annoying those "deep cleaning" people are as I did a personal import of a car a while ago. They checked it three times, pretended they found something and then charged me $900 for "deep cleaning", which they didn't even do, and I know it for sure.
They aren’t unloading because they don’t have space to park cars until quarantine queue is cleared.

I just had a look, there are 4972 cars in the yard because they failed quarantine. 2300 of them failed in the past week.

Reactions: dronus
I thought all cars were delivered via the airport distribution centre? Why would they take anything to wingfield ?? I doubt they were M3H’s
This could be my (bad?) Intel but I've heard there is a larger holding yard out that way somewhere and then airport delivery centre recieves cars that are to be delivered imminently. I actually can't remember where I read that though

Reactions: Shillo and dronus