Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That has now changed, as Tesla reportedly shipped 4,767 cars to Slovenia on Wednesday, May 11. This marks the first shipment of cars from Giga Shanghai since it reopened on April 19. (via Reuters)

From here:

That has now changed, as Tesla reportedly shipped 4,767 cars to Slovenia on Wednesday, May 11. This marks the first shipment of cars from Giga Shanghai since it reopened on April 19. (via Reuters)

From here:
It's kind of funny reading the UK threads. They genuinely seem to think they are the only country in Europe. Also i suspect that Slovenia PORT is the first stop for those cars which'll probably be transported by land to all manner of places. Same as they do here but we just happen to be a single country.

Also the Turandot not being mentioned doesn't bode well for us, as tempting as the allure of confirmation bias is, maybe it's forklifts... Though also note in other reports that Tesla has not responded to a request for comment. As usual. So the truth may be entirely different. Basically, this news doesn't come from Tesla. It comes from a Customs Official who works at the docks.. From a shipping perspective, Turandot left the dock for Korea for example.

Last edited:
I ordered mine on 06/11, lease on my current car ended on 01/04.
Been without a car since then.
I asked my lease guy about trade in options as my old lease ended on 10/03. I paid out the balloon, and am driving it at the moment, and I can still choose to trade it in when the Tesla arrives. I specifically asked if I can have my cake and eat it too, and they said "yes".

Also, it would be great if the new arrivals could add their details to the Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #1 spreadsheet (Click the Google Form link in B1 to add yours)

Reactions: Hoopyfrood
I asked my lease guy about trade in options as my old lease ended on 10/03. I paid out the balloon, and am driving it at the moment, and I can still choose to trade it in when the Tesla arrives. I specifically asked if I can have my cake and eat it too, and they said "yes".

Also, it would be great if the new arrivals could add their details to the Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #1 spreadsheet (Click the Google Form link in B1 to add yours)
The other option is call your lease financier (which is seperate from your leasing provider, mine was Macquarie, it'll be in your original lease doco) and ask to extend the residual. I did the same as you and paid it out so i have the car so it turned out i didn't even need to do this, but they extended the residual payment by 2 months. No interest applied, no impact on credit and not listed as a default, no questions asked, not even a problem. They actually suggested it to me and i just went "Yep. Thanks!" (Obviously after asking the above questions about credit and interest). But as i say i paid it, but it sure took the stress out of it.

That article is from the 10th May. We've been through this. Tesla said they had logistics issues in response. A supplier had a covid case. Production hasn't stopped, it's slowed and will pick back up. Elon himself said that this is pretty standard day to day stuff under even normal circumstances but it just doesn't usually make the press. A lot of super sketchy clickbait around at the moment.

Basically, people globally waiting for Teslas is a content click goldmine. Look at Youtube, you see the same content creators basically cycling their videos so new waiters are taken through their whole series of "new" videos. Rinse. Repeat. And any offhand comment from a dock worker smoking a dart at Luchao is reported and fed through the all the media orgs and blogs posing as media orgs.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrWaffles90
That article is from the 10th May. We've been through this. Tesla said they had logistics issues in response. A supplier had a covid case. Production hasn't stopped, it's slowed and will pick back up. Elon himself said that this is pretty standard day to day stuff under even normal circumstances but it just doesn't usually make the press. A lot of super sketchy clickbait around at the moment.
Sorry .... Hope i have not upset you. Lets hope for the best.

Sincere condolences. Really hope its early Q3 for you guys.

A bit perplexed why NZ buyers have been told this, but it seems no one her has been told yet. Two possibilities I guess. 1) Tesla AU haven’t got their act together yet or 2) We are getting some.

I much prefer the later…

I'm opting for Option 3, that the SA doesn't actually know, just spinning a yarn.

Not denial, just a pattern. Could very well be true, but I would like a source other than an SA

I'm opting for Option 3, that the SA doesn't actually know, just spinning a yarn.

Not denial, just a pattern. Could very well be true, but I would like a source other than an SA
I can easily see a SA in that position telling a NZ customer that nobody in NZ was getting a Tesla also throwing in off the cuff 'well neither will Aus' to make the blow less painful.

I can easily see a SA in that position telling a NZ customer that nobody in NZ was getting a Tesla also throwing in off the cuff 'well neither will Aus' to make the blow less painful.

Agree. It was rumoured that NZ got a larger proportion in the last 6 months (something about trying to get them delivered before a government subsidy expired), so wouldn’t surprise me if they stopped giving to NZ for a quarter. Pure speculation of course.

Reactions: penn_
Agree. It was rumoured that NZ got a larger proportion in the last 6 months (something about trying to get them delivered before a government subsidy expired), so wouldn’t surprise me if they stopped giving to NZ for a quarter. Pure speculation of course.
Also agree. I wholly believe my SA who consistently says "No news. No change. Your current EDD is the only info we have. We have literally had no news and we don't communicate with the factory. We won't know until we get a VIN".

One time weeks ago (have only called her twice) she even said "We just had a big team meeting with Australian head office and they told us nothing".

I make her sound mean. Haha. She is really nice, she's just not bullshitting me.