Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The draught variation of Turandot in Pyeongtaek might give us some insight overnight. If she offloads everything, we're boned. If there's a slight variation, then whatever was loaded in Shanghai is largely still there. If she goes way down and then back up then it's who knows. Could be unloading aforementioned chinese forklifts. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Draught was at 7.6m when she pulled into Shanghai and went to 9.2m. No idea what was already aboard from her last stop in Port Kembla. But we don't make cars, so... And they probably loaded more than just Teslas in Shanghai. Hoping it only goes down slightly.
I’d be interested to know what the draught is when its completely empty. I don’t imagine we ship too much to china other than raw materials and a RORO ship wouldn’t be much use for that. Can’t imagine there would have been much on board when she arrived in Shanghai.

Where do you go to find the draught?
I'm using MarineTraffic and bought a subscription. It's on the 'Voyage' card and the 'Timeline' card. I am largely using the timeline to see the chronological variation of draught (so you can see if it goes down, or goes up, or goes down then up). In Shanghai it just went up. No down.

Also it should be mentioned that Turandot's max draught is 9.52m. So she's not maxxed out at 9.2. And .3m is a significant portion of that 1.6m variation that happened in Shanghai. Whether they keep it under max for safety is a question for a seaman. THEN there's probably the issue of ballast. But discussions i have seen said that ballast doesn't factor hugely because nobody wants to pay to carry extra weight if they don't have to. Again, question for a seaman.

Reactions: rtvanda

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220511-191451.png
    Screenshot_20220511-191451.png
    425.1 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Hoopyfrood
Ok so Shanghai made 10,757 cars since shut down. 1512 went to China, 4767 went to Europe. That leaves 4478.

Of those 10,757 cars, 4233 are M3, 6524 are MY (Boooo). MY will not be coming to Aus/NZ. So there are some numbers for us all to wildly speculate over.

Which i will now do. Given i have mostly seen the whole EDD date fluctuation in the UK belonging to MY, M3LR and M3P, my speculation is that we have a LR battery heavy production run to be split between Aus/NZ. Probably for Q4 and early Q1. With MYs heading to Korea. And i reckon a bigger batch of RWD will come on Morning Clara. OR. ... We'll get nothing.
Turandot enroute to our territory docked today at Korea Pyeongtaek. alongside no less that 6 other ROROs. clearly there is much movement in the auto world atm.

Hi, Plenti just sent me a renewal for my loan approval, and got the new 3.99%. Thinking of Macquarie which still have 2.99% - I can't find it on their website but does Macquarie allow early termination for the loan or is there a fee? Anyone using them know?

I am planning to call them tomorrow, but thought I'd ask in this forum. Also keen to see other's experiences with them.

Thanks All.

Hi, Plenti just sent me a renewal for my loan approval, and got the new 3.99%. Thinking of Macquarie which still have 2.99% - I can't find it on their website but does Macquarie allow early termination for the loan or is there a fee? Anyone using them know?

I am planning to call them tomorrow, but thought I'd ask in this forum. Also keen to see other's experiences with them.

Thanks All.
Macquarie said to me there are no upfront fees but there is an early repayment fee of some magnitude to compensate for lost interest. I haven't seen formal loan docs yet though because my delivery is a long way away.

Don't know.. It looks like the 9.2m retrospectively updated to 9.3m for the entire timeline since Shanghai. More time needed perhaps.
Actually, scratch that. The draught did change by 0.1m. 3 hours ago.

MarineTraffic appears to be on the fritz. Has updated some data and not updated other data. I got this data list from myshiptracking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220511-212351_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220511-212351_Chrome.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 39