Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adelaidians, I am driving to melbourne today a.d guess what I saw coming the other way. Yep a truck full of teslas heading to adelaide.

Did you happen to see if one was in deep blue? If so, I'm not too proud to hang out near the toll gate and start stalking it all the way to the dealership.

On another note, I finally broke down and allowed myself a test drive on Saturday. That immediately turned into paying $400 despite promising myself I would think about it over the weekend. Now my brain is turning to mush due to the excitement so I'm just wondering when I'll get the dealership document listing the VIN? I have the document with the vehicle's details/costs that says the VIN will be added later, and I have the VIN separately (since I bought one sitting on the dock in Melbourne), but I'm keen to get the paperwork sorted yesterday so I won't get held up.

Is it usually pretty quickly after the car is assigned (which happened today)?

• Funny
Reactions: mcv75
Did you happen to see if one was in deep blue? If so, I'm not too proud to hang out near the toll gate and start stalking it all the way to the dealership.

On another note, I finally broke down and allowed myself a test drive on Saturday. That immediately turned into paying $400 despite promising myself I would think about it over the weekend. Now my brain is turning to mush due to the excitement so I'm just wondering when I'll get the dealership document listing the VIN? I have the document with the vehicle's details/costs that says the VIN will be added later, and I have the VIN separately (since I bought one sitting on the dock in Melbourne), but I'm keen to get the paperwork sorted yesterday so I won't get held up.

Firstly, welcome to the Tesla family. If the vehicle is already shipped and in the country, allow a couple of days for the lovely team at Tesla to arrange the vehicle to be delivered to the delivery Centre. I'd anticipate it all to be done and have a delivery day booked within the next week.

Firstly, welcome to the Tesla family. If the vehicle is already shipped and in the country, allow a couple of days for the lovely team at Tesla to arrange the vehicle to be delivered to the delivery Centre. I'd anticipate it all to be done and have a delivery day booked within the next week.
Thanks for the welcome. Can't wait to join the club properly with one in my garage.

Excellent news, thanks. The sales assistant seemed to be hinting that it would be faster than I was expecting so hopefully you (and he) are right.

By the time my brain processed the information, truck was long gone.

I've started prepping my current M3 for Trade-in/Sale and removed the Plasti-dip from the wheels. I have the 19" Sports wheels and Plasti-diped them matt dark grey. It was only going to be temporary so I could see what it looks like and then I was planning to get them properly powder coated or something. But it turned out so well I didn't bother. So now that I'm trading it in on my new one I figured I would take it off and it pealed off perfectly in nice big sheets leaving brand new looking rims. Super happy with that as I've heard some people had a lot of trouble but I think if you do it right in the first place you are set for when you want to remove it.

Reactions: cafz