Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian insurance quotes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember you mentioning that earlier Ray. Try as I might I could not get a quote even close, even from Youi. Interesting the wide disparity in what everyone pays. I know it depends on a whole range of the usual insurance risk factors, but still, the spread is very wide.
Parameters that I am aware of:

I have another car and home contents with them.

I have 'rating 1 for life' (whatever that is).

I annoyed them (and everyone else) something chronic.

:rolleyes:

My current car is insured with a speciality car insurer that doesn't insure Tesla. So I need to shop around. I called the Tesla repairer in NSW and asked them which insurance companies they find the best to deal with. They nominated NRMA and MB Insurance. I called NRMA and their quote was $2,600 with a $1,000 excess. That seems a bit high to me, compared with the current premium I'm paying on a more expensive car. I've reached out to MB Insurance to compare.

Might be fair, considering you have a pretty exotic vehicle there and I bet that it enters their thinking at some point (but they won't mention it) that yours is a very high performance vehicle and they assess the risk accordingly. Just a thought. Interesting to see what NRMA come up with, but Suncorp, up here in the colonies won't insure Tesla either.

My current car is insured with a speciality car insurer that doesn't insure Tesla. So I need to shop around. I called the Tesla repairer in NSW and asked them which insurance companies they find the best to deal with. They nominated NRMA and MB Insurance. I called NRMA and their quote was $2,600 with a $1,000 excess. That seems a bit high to me, compared with the current premium I'm paying on a more expensive car. I've reached out to MB Insurance to compare.
I insure my 85 with NRMA and am paying slightly more than half of what you were quoted.
I have pretty much everything insured with them as these days multi-policy and years of insurance discounts are starting to become a significant factor in premium calculation.

Ratings have a big effect, 1st year with NRMA is more than 2nd year (regardless of rating), company/trust names are more than private, where & how garaged, extras taken and excess selected, age, date, etc etc. Even making a call to the company v online can give different rates even if exactly the same info is inputted. It really just pays to do your homework every time insurance premiums are due. Many companies get you in 1st year and progressively (and unreasonably) increase the premiums in latter years. It's even often worthwhile (if you want to insure with the same company) to obtain a quote as a new customer rather than just renew when the offer comes.