Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audiophiles - Sound Studio Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As factory systems go, this is one of the better ones I've had. I used to work in Car Stereo business and while this isn't as good as $10k system, it's pretty darn good. It's better balanced than most systems I've used and I find the stock (centered) locations on the EQ work pretty well. Normally I'd have to boost the highs and lows a little but they've obviously used some type of EQ when they set these up. Could it use a little more THUMP? Sure, but mostly in the mid bass area. It handles deep bass pretty we'll and the highs are pristine and clear while not being too harsh.

If I were going to make any change (which I'm not) it would probably be to do something to increase the mid bass like the poster did above. Otherwise, I think it's pretty darn good for a factory installed system and the Bass is certainly good enough on it's own. I just wish it blended a bit better with the Mids in the front.

FYI: I did a little more digging around and I found some setting recommendations that I found interesting. Cutting the midrange a little, while fading a bit to the rear seems to really help with the mid bass hole in the frequency.

Last edited:
FYI: I did a little more digging around and I found some setting recommendations that I found interesting. Cutting the midrange a little, while fading a bit to the rear seems to really help with the mid bass hole in the frequency.

Good idea. Already have mine faded back a little which I think has really helped but the mid is flat. I'll try cutting it back tomorrow.

Good idea. Already have mine faded back a little which I think has really helped but the mid is flat. I'll try cutting it back tomorrow.

It really made a nice difference for me. I also boosted the Bass a tiny bit and I think I'm pretty darn pleased with the sound now. The mid bass dip is all but gone and the low Bass is better defined. I think they boosted the midrange a bit in an attempt to move the vocals more forward to compensate for the Dolby which I noticed has a tendency to drag the vocals more to rear. Once Dolby is off you can fade rearward quite a bit and still have a nice front soundstage. Turn Dolby back on and the image immediately jumps to the back seat. Overall, I've decided to just run Music without Dolby. If they ever enable Movies I would probably turn it back on for those.