Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio: Internet music options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It'd be great to see all sorts of music apps on the "app" page

Sonos adds a few new ones every year to their list. There's so many, they are all almost redundant now. But its great to have that ability. They all don't just show up on the main page, you add them one-by-one, just the ones you want, so its totally configurable. It would be great if the S would be similar to Sonos in that regard.

I would love to see Pandora (in high bit rate), MOG (already high bit rate), and Songza.

Am I the only one who has had problems finding stations in Tunein?

I realize that the first problem station was 91X "out of" San Diego. Of course, it is a Mexican radio station, and - as such - had to be found in BCN, but that was my mistake.

Now, I am looking for WGR AM 550 in Buffalo (Hockey finally got their sticks out of their) but I cannot find it. I know tunein carries it, as it is on my phone. But it does not show in the menu(s) and there is no "search" function.

Any ideas?

Anyone have any idea why local stations are blocked?

I would guess royalties. If you listen to local radio, then the royalties (and fees charged to advertizers) can be quantified and quoted accurately. If you use internet listening, it falsely overinflates the advertizing (e.g. I will certainly not buy a car from a dealer in Guam if I am listening to that station). Kinda like when you listen to Westwood one radio for college football, it goes silent during the commercials. Allows Westwood to avoid having to answer "how many people are listening to you if you broadcast my commercials all over the world"

Clear as mud, I suppose.

I am also missing some stations from tunein on the MS radio that are available from the tunein site on my PC. I am missing most Radio Paradise: commercial free, listener supported, actual djs selecting eclectic music. Is there somewhere we could request a station to be added to the tunein on the S?

TuneIn Radio Streaming Issues

I am having some issues with a few favorites I have on TuneIn Radio account. These stations all stream fine on my Windows Phone 8 or Windows 8 PCs:

• Kiwi FM - 102.2 Auckland - shows up, doesn't seem to connect
  • The Rock FM 90.2 Auckland - shows up, doesn't seem to connect
  • Radio New Zealand National, 567 Wellington - shows up, doesn't seem to connect
  • Newstalk 1010 (CFRB), Toronto, ON - doesn't show up under favorites
  • .977 Comedy, Orlando - FL - doesn't show up under favorites
  • CBC Radio 3 (Sirius 152), Vancouver, BC - doesn't show up under favorites

Should I be reaching out to Tesla or TuneIn about the Model S player?

Slacker is working for me. I am sponging a friend's account for a while to see if it works in all aspects for me.

Now - tunein - different story. I have it configured on my car, but the stations are different than on my personal account. I am logged in on the car. Different in that some are missing. I am going to change my location to see if it will bring in some of my regional favorites, however ...

... anyone know why there are stations that show up on my iphone and online that do not show up on the Telsa app?

I was playing Pandora today off my iPhone through the Model S system...I was very impressed that I could control it through the media app on the S once it was up and running on the phone. Sorry if this is old news, but it allowed me to start and stop playing, advance tracks, and even showed the corresponding artwork for the songs on the center screen! No thumbs up and thumbs down capability or ability to browse/change stations. I figured I would be able to play the audio, but did not think there would be any control or artwork on the S screen...very cool!