Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ASY.REMAN CHRGR, 10kW(6009278-84-F (2013 Model S)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the other day, I discovered that my garage Tesla charger was not charging. Tried the usual first steps, ei: flip the breaker, unplug and retry, reset car etc. Still nothing. Pulled out the car cable and plugged it into the wall to see if it was my wall charger at fault. Still getting the ‘starting to charge, click, click, click, RED RING, NOT CHARGING’
Contacted Tesla Service through the app. The scheduled an appointment, in 3 WEEKS! With an estimate of $2,600.00 to REPLACE the ASY.REMAN CHRGR, 10kW(6009278-84-F !! That’s a pretty large expense, considering I just had to have my ‘connections cleaned’ at over $2,000.00 2 months ago. I’m reading a lot of you on here stating that the problem is a $20.00 fuse inside the charger, and the entire unit is more than likely perfectly fine. I’m somewhat handy with minor repairs, but I’d greatly appreciate any feedback from you guys. I’m perfectly willing to spend a few hours on this, rather than shell out another $2,600.00. What do you think? Is this something I can handle, or should I leave it to the (very expensive) experts??
Thank you for any valued feedback.
kind regards, broke down in Florida 😫

Attachments

• IMG_1987.jpeg
    IMG_1987.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2025.png
    IMG_2025.png
    348 KB · Views: 51
10 miles. I’ve been reluctant to drive with only 100 miles in the ‘tank’. ( MS LR= Last car) …..what does that mean?? Thanks for your feedback! 👍
It's worth the drive I think to see if you can DC charge the car. As I understand it, DC charging bypasses the on board charger.

No problem storing the car as low as 20% SoC for a short time.

If the car fails to charge, and you have to store the car for weeks, consider power down and disconnect 12v power at the connector near the fireman's loop in back of the Frunk.

The on line service manual will tell you how to do this.

As far as the "last car" byline, I don't think I can handle another Tesla delivery. It will drive me to drink if nothing else...

It's worth the drive I think to see if you can DC charge the car. As I understand it, DC charging bypasses the on board charger.

No problem storing the car as low as 20% SoC for a short time.

If the car fails to charge, and you have to store the car for weeks, consider power down and disconnect 12v power at the connector near the fireman's loop in back of the Frunk.

The on line service manual will tell you how to do this.

As far as the "last car" byline, I don't think I can handle another Tesla delivery. It will drive me to drink if nothing else...
Got it. Thanks again for the advice. I appreciate your input 👊

I'm not sure if the fuse is replaceable (i think it was true for early gen chargers) but even if it is, something caused it to burn so something gave out..
If ur charger indeed is gone then u can pick one up from like eBay, install it yourself n re-deploy software from Service menu.
Everything doable DIY for reasonable price.

I'm not sure if the fuse is replaceable (i think it was true for early gen chargers) but even if it is, something caused it to burn so something gave out..
If ur charger indeed is gone then u can pick one up from like eBay, install it yourself n re-deploy software from Service menu.
Everything doable DIY for reasonable price.
2013 Model S. I bought it 4 1/2 years ago with 9000 miles on it. Now has 121,000 miles. Drive motor went out, and left me stranded, at 33,000 miles. I drove to the supercharger tonight, and thankfully it worked! Appointment with Tesla on the 6th, so I guess I’ll see what they say. Only thing about EBay is that there’s no telling where it came from, or how many miles (hours) it has on it. Watched the video on replacing one, and although not impossible, definitely seems like an all day job, and I’d be worried about shorting something out, or shocking myself to death 💀. I’m pretty handy, so happy to hear advice from you guys, or anyone who’s actually done it. The video shows the (2) fuses, but yeah, fuses usually blow for a reason. Thank you!!