Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you reserving at the reveal, at a store, or online?

Reserving at the reveal, at a store, or online?

• Reserving at the reveal

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • Reserving at a store

Votes: 302 63.7%
  • Reserving online

Votes: 156 32.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm disappointed none of the (currently up to 8) people who've indicated they are going to the Model 3 event have explained how they got an invite. Have invites already gone out?

Is this some kind of hush-hush "you have to know somebody at Tesla" kind of thing going on?

I'd love to attend the event and would be extremely likely to plop down a $1000 deposit on the spot at the event, seeing the car with my own eyes.

Trying to figure out how to do that.

I'm disappointed none of the (currently up to 8) people who've indicated they are going to the Model 3 event have explained how they got an invite. Have invites already gone out?

Is this some kind of hush-hush "you have to know somebody at Tesla" kind of thing going on?

I'd love to attend the event and would be extremely likely to plop down a $1000 deposit on the spot at the event, seeing the car with my own eyes.

Trying to figure out how to do that.

My guess is that their votes are "aspirational".

I will order at store after watching stream. They said we could bring our computers and watch outside, that they won't be streaming it. do Tesla stores have wifi?

I'm looking forward to confirmation on this. I can understand Tesla not wanting hoards of people inside, where damage to their cars is more likely. Still, not offering a stream is kind of a bummer.

I'm looking forward to confirmation on this. I can understand Tesla not wanting hoards of people inside, where damage to their cars is more likely. Still, not offering a stream is kind of a bummer.
It seems really weird to me that the first orders must be in store, on the day of the reveal, and you can't watch the reveal at the store. The two logical options seem like they should have been:

1) Watch reveal in store and then take pre-orders
2) Watch reveal online and then take pre-orders

None of the above. Model 3 will likely replace my 2015 LEAF once it can no longer do 30 miles in the winter, so probably 2020-2022ish. I expect the vehicle will be a lot more advanced by then compared to the first run.
Same, except a 2011 LEAF, and I don't expect to need a replacement (it's 1 mi to the closest mall, hardware/grocery store in town and 5 mi to the one we use the most). Out of town trips pretty much require 200 mi range and SC.

My Tesla store is only 10 minutes away, and I kind of enjoy wandering in there and getting to chat so I'll go to the store. I buy nearly everything online but once in a while it's fun to be part of the crowd, and I'd like to have the earliest slot possible once production comes around.

It seems really weird to me that the first orders must be in store, on the day of the reveal, and you can't watch the reveal at the store. The two logical options seem like they should have been:

1) Watch reveal in store and then take pre-orders
2) Watch reveal online and then take pre-orders

This sums it up for me. If I can't watch the reveal in-store, then I'll just watch it at home and order online. I could always just swing by the Tesla gallery afterwards and chat it up. I just want to be able to make my reservation as soon as possible.

Ok 6 people currently in the poll have indicated they will make a reservation "at the reveal."

My question to these six: how are you going to the reveal? Did you get invited? Who gets to go? Who are the chosen few? I am very curious and everyone's staying mum on this so far, even Tesla who I've emailed.

Anyone care to splain?
Wishful thinking on my part. I'm hoping the reveal will be at the factory (which is local to me) combined with the fact that we own a Roadster and a Model S would cause us to appear in Tesla's invite-o-tron.

- - - Updated - - -

Most importantly, what's the procedure for making the deposit in person? I'm assuming it has to do with stuffing hundred dollar bills into Elon's décolletage.
At the Model X reveal you needed a checkbook and filled out a form.

How will Tesla decide who to invite to the reveal? Who gets picked?

Since New Mexico is one of those nasty states p0wn3d by the oil/gas/car-dealer cartel, Tesla is banned from operating any stores or service centers. So I'd have to drive 9 hours to the nearest store. I'd rather go to the reveal!

Some of us won tickets to the reveal through the referral program last year. I have two tickets, but have not received the formal invite.

Why do on line reservations have to start on April's Fools Day?
Well, in 2013 they announced they in Q1 they had made a penny, 1 cent, on April 1st. Stock went ballistic from there forward before recent troubles. I think Elon likes the symmetry of sending a tweet on the night of the first on the order of, "Between in store and online reservations, over 100,000 reservations have been made for the Model 3." And the stock will go ballistic.

I plan on being at the Eden Prairie, MN store on March 31st for my deposit, and if they allow for a friend in Iowa. Depending on demand, those placing orders in store could really have a jump in the queue compared to online. This really is an interesting move by Elon to get people in the stores. For me, it will be my first visit to a Tesla store.

I plan on being at the Eden Prairie, MN store on March 31st for my deposit, and if they allow for a friend in Iowa. Depending on demand, those placing orders in store could really have a jump in the queue compared to online. This really is an interesting move by Elon to get people in the stores. For me, it will be my first visit to a Tesla store.

I'll prolly see you there.

Maybe through some organized craziness, but most sane people would order online. Also, some stores aren't even allowed to discuss pricing or take deposits, so not all stores will be able to do this.

An earlier reservation could make a big difference in the probability of getting the tax credit, no?

I'm bringing my tent and plan to be there early.