Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you also investing in Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The current market cap of tesla is less as the dividend being paid this year by daimler and bmw. means they could acquire tesla from the pocket.
They have the cash, yes, but Tesla's not for sale; insiders hold enough to prevent a hostile takeover.

It's instructive, though, to consider the difference in scale of the companies. Daimler's market cap is $65B, about 20x that of Tesla -- and Tesla's market cap is inflated by its position as a growth stock. Car companies are voracious users of capital, and Tesla will need a lot of it to achieve serious growth targets. Even if Tesla achieves its robust margin forecasts, it will almost surely need to go out for another capital raise in the next 3-4 years.

They have the cash, yes, but Tesla's not for sale; insiders hold enough to prevent a hostile takeover.

It's instructive, though, to consider the difference in scale of the companies. Daimler's market cap is $65B, about 20x that of Tesla -- and Tesla's market cap is inflated by its position as a growth stock. Car companies are voracious users of capital, and Tesla will need a lot of it to achieve serious growth targets. Even if Tesla achieves its robust margin forecasts, it will almost surely need to go out for another capital raise in the next 3-4 years.

This is why I have no fear of Tesla succeeding. Even if the worst occurs and they fail financially, one of the big automakers will purchase them. They simply have too much IP and traction for someone not to purchase them and continue the work they did. They would quite possibly continue the EV work in the same spirit as Tesla, but with the benefits of deep pockets and the brand recognition of a well established automaker. You'd have much more capital thrown into R&D, advertising, and you'd have the dealerships around the country that could showcase the Tesla EVs. One thing I'm pretty certain about; It's only inevitable that nearly all new cars will be EVs. When that day will come, I don't know. Is it 10 years away? 20 years? Maybe more. Perhaps Tesla is too far ahead of the curve. I hope not! But I think the future looks bright for EVs.

What a sack of loaded donkey manure. These guys post random blurbs that say nothing, and simply point out the obvious, that Tesla has yet to make a profit. These slime balls are seriously dense. This is what happens when shorts get desperate. They make a short bet based on technicals, without any consideration for the high probability that Tesla will post a profit in 1 year. It concludes with the statement "The auto industry has never been very profitable". Sheesh. What a bunch of simple minded fools. I guess there is a reason the website is aptly named.

What a sack of loaded donkey manure. These guys post random blurbs that say nothing, and simply point out the obvious, that Tesla has yet to make a profit. These slime balls are seriously dense. This is what happens when shorts get desperate. They make a short bet based on technicals, without any consideration for the high probability that Tesla will post a profit in 1 year. It concludes with the statement "The auto industry has never been very profitable". Sheesh. What a bunch of simple minded fools. I guess there is a reason the website is aptly named.

They will loose big, their money will be coming our way soon.

Fun to see how technical analisys has it's limit ;)

Going to hold off on buying more shares just yet. Want to see us either break out above 38, or see the Dow comfortably break out above 13k. Seems to be struggling. We need some seriously positive company data, or something unexpectedly bullish. Only have 10% of cash sitting on the sidelines. The past 2 months have been good to me :)

There's some irony here: with gas prices rising, the stock market's struggling overall to take off (thus depressing TSLA as well) when, in theory atleast, TSLA should actually be going up assuming gas-price-induced new interest in EVs.

Market is slow to react, it will figure it out at some point.

When they get it, TSLA will be a hedge against oil price. If prices continue to soar and be everywhere in the medias, it will be sooner then later.