Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are all 90kWh batteries alike?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the current situation from a charger...
If you have a 85, you might unlock the battery to give the 90kw (the pack is about 87kw usable) so its about 8 kw more usable than the original 85 pack.
I read somewhere Tesla is charging about 800 usd for this, which in mine opinion is a good buy.
in my experiences for whatever reason i feel like i get faster charging speeds from a v2 supercharger. i mostly try to choose a v3 charger, but the speeds consistently seem lower. it also seems like my second supercharge in a road trip goes much faster than the first one. maybe it has to do with battery temperature, but i thought there should be active battery heating and cooling to get more consistent speeds at a supercharger, and it also feels like the lower % i plug in at the quicker it tapers to a slower speed. overall its inconsistent to me.

Its inconsistent to me aswell... it can differ to 20kw from charge to charge...
It is due to battery temperature aswell as outside temperarure.
If you use the navigation, the car will preheat the battery to the ideal temperature before the supercharger... but this can take up to 45 minutes if the car is cold...