Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Music Web Client Almost(!) on Tesla Web Browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
E8E6EDE6-2E80-47FB-84AD-FAB28DF150D8.jpeg AC072667-9D7D-4BE6-8750-1333536F947D.jpeg

I’ve posted this on other threads since I saw this yesterday on a few websites but thought I’d share it here for those who are interested. I also wanted to continue to draw attention to the increased desire to have Tesla open up audio (not video, just audio) support on the web browser to enable streaming from other music services.

First things first- A software engineer named Naveed Golashani created a web player for Apple Music and is sharing his project on Reddit. The web player uses Apples API for login so it seems fairly secure. It enables a user to access their music library from a web browser instead of having to use iTunes or the app in iOS. Here are links to both the Reddit page and the web player:

I built an Apple Music web player to use Apple Music on Linux : linux

Apple Music Player

The result is that Apple Music actually uploads on the web browser. I took some pictures and attached them to give you an idea of how it looks. Unfortunately that’s as far as you can get. The log in won’t work- I think it requires a pop up window and probably some browser security to enable that, but those of you who are more informed can comment on that.

The bigger problem, of course, is that even if you could log in you wouldn’t be able to listen to the music because audio isn’t supported on the browser. Someone send a tweet to Elon to change this (again).

I understand that video is undesireable for a browser in a car. But enabling audio, if it’s technically feasible, would be an enormous improvement in that it would allow users to access other music streaming services. This wouldn’t fix the media player problems but could at least help a little.

In any case, this particular execution is pretty slick and looks great on the Tesla browser. It’s tantalizingly close to being useable.

Attachments

• CE3AC7B1-2F62-489A-A5EC-6DA53F9468C4.jpeg
    CE3AC7B1-2F62-489A-A5EC-6DA53F9468C4.jpeg
    505.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 52A3109B-F1A2-4D43-B8B9-D290D9D287AE.jpeg
    52A3109B-F1A2-4D43-B8B9-D290D9D287AE.jpeg
    330.1 KB · Views: 194