Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App: Cybertruck remote tailgate confirmation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CyberGus

Not Just a Member
May 5, 2020
Austin, TX
Remotely triggering the Cybertruck tailgate to open can be hazardous, particularly if backed-in. It cannot be closed remotely, either.

The remote app should get confirmation on this command if the user is not in the vicinity, and/or if the rear camera detects an obstruction.

Upvote 0
I agree wholeheartedly with you! I parked the CT in the garage overnight to charge with the tailgate closed and being a few inches from the garage door. When I opened the garage door the next morning the CT tailgate had somehow opened and the garage door scraped up the tailgate as it opened. My only ideas are that something else triggered it to open or more likely I inadvertantly hit the tailgate open button in the app sometime during the evening. I have since played with the app and hitting the button immediately opens the tailgate. My M3, on the other hand, will ask if I am sure I want to open the frunk because it will have to be manually closed.

Tesla, please institute the two step process for the phone app.

• Helpful
Reactions: CyberGus