Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in Hurricane country or anywhere else concerned with having both cars be electric?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see this as a problem for a couple of reasons: .
1. If electricity is out we are not getting gas either unless gas pumps are running off of generators.
2. We have a 12,500 KW generator with a big propane tank to fuel it.

Trust me, you wouldn't want to be stuck in a puddle with your ICE car instead of being in an electric car which doesn't stall in a puddle. Regardless, I think 290miles is decent, make sure it is charged fully before the storm hits.

I think electric cars do better in tough situations like that than ICE cars do.
Your EV:
- can be charged from solar
- doesn't draw energy when stuck in traffic jams
- doesn't count on there being gas at the gas station
- doesn't count on your gas station having power to run the pumps
- can easily get you far enough away from the coast enough that the hurricane doesn't affect anyone

Your EV:
- can be charged from solar
- doesn't draw energy when stuck in traffic jams
- doesn't count on there being gas at the gas station
- doesn't count on your gas station having power to run the pumps
- can easily get you far enough away from the coast enough that the hurricane doesn't affect anyone
I like this list, especially the last four and I WILL use them. I think the issue is upon returning to which I say "from past Ike experience they will not let you back in until everything is safe and electricity is available".

Ford Lightning Pro power onboard.
131 kWh on tap ...
When you need to run your air fryer to cook what's left in the fridge you're powering off your truck after a disaster.

22_FRD_F15_LIGHTNING_56302.tif