Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS tires yet? 70k warranty!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Firewired:

I don't think I have traction issues...traction control does not go off on mine...However I am not using 255's on my Tesla ...I am happy with 245's.

So there is a difference

Do you have the performance model or just standard? I'm assuming standard by there's no way the 245s have more grip than the 255s at launch. The P really needs sticky tires to not skip when launching.

I've got these and they are ready for replacement at less than 20k miles. As others have said, there is less grip but also less road noise.

If I were you I'd check your alignment, particularly rear camber and toe. Premature tire wear is a clear sign of other issues. I'm a vary aggressive driver and the wear on the Pirellis has been much better that the Michelin and Continentals. But then again I have adjustable rear camber links and my alignment is set to minimize tire wear.

It's true that the Pirellis grip on aggressive acceleration from zero is not the best, but all tires involve some compromises. All around, as the test ratings show, the Pirellis are a superior tire, brand loyalties aside.

I actually bought a set of the Pirelli's for $208 on amazon prime, and they are sitting in my garage as I squeak the last couple thousand miles off my Primacy's. Im at 30k right now. I'm looking forward to an even more quiet ride!

@Amped, I see you pulled the trigger on them, how are they so far?

I actually bought a set of the Pirelli's for $208 on amazon prime, and they are sitting in my garage as I squeak the last couple thousand miles off my Primacy's. Im at 30k right now. I'm looking forward to an even more quiet ride!

@Amped, I see you pulled the trigger on them, how are they so far?

Are you getting 255 or 245's.

How about installation?

I got a deal at Discount tire with rebate for $160 for set of 4.

I had a situation today that required me to aggressively brake. The Pirelli's squealed badly and with just butt in seat feel didn't have the same stopping power as my previous tires, which of course is related to the reduced traction that has bee observed from 0-30.

I'm not surprised the stopping distance is longer compared to the Bridgestone pole position summer performance tires I was using previously. That's to be expected. But i wasn't expecting a notable difference, based upon tirerack's testing. I need to find someone with a vbox and do my own testing with the P85D.

I had a situation today that required me to aggressively brake. The Pirelli's squealed badly and with just butt in seat feel didn't have the same stopping power as my previous tires, which of course is related to the reduced traction that has bee observed from 0-30.

New tires still have mold release on them. It's a very good idea to not try any hard maneuvers (if possible) until they have a few hundred miles on them. Also the mounting lubricant may not be dried, so it's possible for the tires to spin on the wheel.

Andrew, I think we took delivery of our P85D around the same time. I have been pretty set on downsizing from the 21" PS2s to most likely the Pilot Sport A/S 3s when the PS2s were spent trying to balance improved practicality will the least loss of performance. So I am really interested in your experiences with the Pirellis.

Andrew, I think we took delivery of our P85D around the same time. I have been pretty set on downsizing from the 21" PS2s to most likely the Pilot Sport A/S 3s when the PS2s were spent trying to balance improved practicality will the least loss of performance. So I am really interested in your experiences with the Pirellis.

I highly recommend the 255/45ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's. I had drive about 34k miles on them before I just swapped them out with the Pirellis. I have 1000 miles on the pirelli's and they seem fine, quiet, good in rain, but doesn't have the grip that the Michelins have. Now that I've driven on Goodyear Eagles RS-A2 (OEM 45k miles), Michelin Primacies (loaner), Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (35k miles), Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S Plus (1000 miles), and 21" conts (loaner), the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 is the best tire IMO (just not for snow/ice). For a P85D, if you're dropping to 19" you're going to need the 255/45ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3. Their grip is phenomenal. And its smooth and quiet.

@yobigd20

Here is my video with 245 Pirellis on S85...Not sure if I did the same thing like you but I don't see loss in traction control:

the video is private (can't view it). but I have a P85 so the torque on the rear is much higher than yours...so they may be ok for S85 but not P85. then again, I did my test runs with only about 250 miles on them. Now I have 1000. I should test again now hopefully they are broken in further...

Last edited by a moderator:
@yobigd20

Here is my video with 245 Pirellis on S85...Not sure if I did the same thing like you but I don't see loss in traction control:

Ok I see you made it public. You did a rolling start from 11mph but not that that matters anyway. I can get mine to spin when flooring it from 0,10,20 mph easy. Also I didn't realize how fast mine was to get to 60, were you flooring it from 11mph? Seemed kinda slow lol

Last edited by a moderator: