Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS tires yet? 70k warranty!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am at 32 K miles and I got the 245/45R19 Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus

I wanted to buy Michelin but my original set wore down pretty quick and the Discount Tire manager closest to my location suggested that I buy the above tires and I love them.

The ride is quiet. Good traction on wet roads not sure how on winter icy roads..will have to wait and see.

I'm currently researching potential 19" tires for a P85D. The Cinturato came up on my search, but at least one person here didn't have good experience with them on a P. From rdrcrmatt's post:

Does anybody else have experience with these tires on a P85?

I am not looking for the highest-possible performance tires, but I don't want to put something on a P85D that would totally gimp it either. My priorities are something like this:

1. Dry weather traction and handling.
1. Ride comfort and quietness.
1. Tire wear.
4. Energy usage.
5. Wet weather traction and handling.

The first three things would have about the same priority for me.

Would the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 be a better option? yobigd20 and swegman seem to have had good experience with those.

I've had them on my 20" wheels for some time. They are a very good tire and meet very well all of the five priorities you've listed. They are very quiet and wear is phenomenal. I've been a Michelin devotee for years but I do think these are a better tire.

I've had them on my 20" wheels for some time. They are a very good tire and meet very well all of the five priorities you've listed. They are very quiet and wear is phenomenal. I've been a Michelin devotee for years but I do think these are a better tire.

Eh I'm on the fence so far. Maybe the Michelin's spoiled me for their dry traction.

Recorded video of take off

They certainly don't have the dry traction that my previous Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's had. I'm able to get these Pirelli's to peel out pretty easily. :(. Whether or not they are worth it will be determined this upcoming winter for their snow/ice traction which the Michelin's failed at pretty badly as well as their mileage (they are rated 70k miles...). Also still need to drive them through rain to make sure they don't slide around.

Already disappointed by the peeling out though. The Michelin's never did that. Once these tires are done I might go back to the Michelin's as a 3 season tire and get a dedicated winter set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the speed rating - the P7s are one step down in speed rating from the Goodyear Eagles that came with my car. When the Eagles wore down, I too put on P7s, and regretted it. Higher speed ratings means stickier tires (and less tire life).

I've got 4k miles on the P7's. I put them on right before a road trip mostly because they are LRR and quiet. They don't have the dry traction of the Bridgestone pole position tires I had on prior. On the P85D the traction control limits the power immediately.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do next summer.

Wow I am really not impressed with the p85 youtube clip with the Pirelli p7 plus. I'm at 31k miles and need to buy new tires soon and was set on those but man I'm not sure now. Anyone with an S85 19" have comments on them?

you're in texas, get the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3. I can't recommend the pirellis bc of they're lousy dry traction but definite can recommend those Michelins for non-snow weather.

Are you going to make a claim against the 70k warranty? If you do would you mind reporting back?

Absolutely. Once I've gotten all four down to the same tread depth, I'll make the claim. If they make me get another set, I'll see if I can negotiate a swap to something else. They're so-so on traction, but great in the rain. I haven't been through any ice/snow yet to see how the All Season part holds up.

According to Tirerack.com, the Pirelli tire has better traction in all conditions than either the Michelin Primacy or the Pilot Sport A/S 3.

We'll definitely not better dry traction. Those Michelin's were great. These Pirelli's so far not great. I'll have 500 miles in them in a few days lol I'll report back again next week and floor it and see if they grip more.

We'll definitely not better dry traction. Those Michelin's were great. These Pirelli's so far not great. I'll have 500 miles in them in a few days lol I'll report back again next week and floor it and see if they grip more.

I was going by these ratings:

1.jpg

Cinturato P7 Plus is on the left, the Pilot Sport A/S 3 is on the right, Primacy is in the middle.

I just ordered a set of Pirellis to replace my Primacies. I'm all about the quiet and comfortable ride. :)

I was going by these ratings:

View attachment 92119

Cinturato P7 Plus is on the left, the Pilot Sport A/S 3 is on the right, Primacy is in the middle.

I just ordered a set of Pirellis to replace my Primacies. I'm all about the quiet and comfortable ride. :)

I have 600 miles on them already lol I drive too much. These Pirelli's are really really quiet. It's eerie.