Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Signature Model X owners NOT receive their car yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not a signature holder, but have a few observations from reading the Founders, Signature and Production delivery threads. All seem to have similar anxieties, concerns and see the same delays. Founders are MIA, Signatures are either delayed production or held in SC, and Productions (like me) just hoping for a VIN. I sometime forget that Tesla is really a small company, with growing pains. There processes aren't as refined. Tesla is a basically a company of "engineers", and as such they by their nature focus on engineering, and may not focus on business acumen collectively possessed by ALL of Reservation Holders. After reading Signature and Founders' issues, I realize that Production holders are further back than I/We or Tesla would like. That said, I think when Tesla resolves what ever needs to be resolved, the flood gates will open. Right now there seems to be a bottle neck (at least by speculation) at final assembly, QC and SC. So based on that supposition, Tesla would rightfully s-l-o-w down all the processes. I respect, and expect Tesla will get it right. So I have not called, since its not my car at issue or my being forgotten -- it is something larger or smaller than one car albeit Signature, Founder or Production.

How many Sig's are there in total? What happened to the exponential ramp up?

1200 Signature orders were offered. No detailed data available on how many have confirmed or how many have delivered.

The Model X Tracker can give you data on the population that have participated and entered information.

ModelXTracker | Log in

i assume once the initial production bugs are solved and parts supplies are available you will see the ramp up occur.

Three new members with Jan join dates on one page. Do you think the lack of status information is driving buyers to this forum in search of more information.

Sadly we we don't have any better information.
I've been browsing this forum for about 3 years already, I didn't join simply for more information but because having an X on order allows me to contribute much more to the forums.

I read these forums every day looking for hints of good news but now this thread is actually depressing—lower VIN’s than mine from cities closer to California and March in the same sentence! I was first told (by my DS) December, then January, now early February (no way to make that now since the car hasn’t left Fremont yet). I can only guess that now I may be waiting until March, or even later, to see my car. My expectations have been set and unmet too many times. I am more than fine with waiting for the car to be ready, especially since I live several hours away from a service center, but this roller coaster of target windows and speculation and forum tidbits is too much. At least now I can stop worrying about not having Winter tires since Winter will be over by the time I get my car and surely eight months is enough time for TM to get a Winter wheel package together (is it?). No more forums, no more DS emails. I’ll be back to post when I actually have a delivery (not just a delivery date, but a delivery).

I read these forums every day looking for hints of good news but now this thread is actually depressing—lower VIN’s than mine from cities closer to California and March in the same sentence! I was first told (by my DS) December, then January, now early February (no way to make that now since the car hasn’t left Fremont yet). I can only guess that now I may be waiting until March, or even later, to see my car. My expectations have been set and unmet too many times. I am more than fine with waiting for the car to be ready, especially since I live several hours away from a service center, but this roller coaster of target windows and speculation and forum tidbits is too much. At least now I can stop worrying about not having Winter tires since Winter will be over by the time I get my car and surely eight months is enough time for TM to get a Winter wheel package together (is it?). No more forums, no more DS emails. I’ll be back to post when I actually have a delivery (not just a delivery date, but a delivery).

RIP Gwgan he twas a good member until he overdosed on X
(see what I did there?)

I've posted elsewhere that modelxtracker has only listed 38 total deliveries of Xs since inception, a painfully low number for what we all assume has been several hundred. The data is flawed by non-submitters, or people that got bored of updating there own data once they received there cars. Case on point there were 114 people listing their cars in production, but just cant figure out if still in production versus delivered versus non-updating....

I've posted elsewhere that modelxtracker has only listed 38 total deliveries of Xs since inception, a painfully low number for what we all assume has been several hundred. The data is flawed by non-submitters, or people that got bored of updating there own data once they received there cars. Case on point there were 114 people listing their cars in production, but just cant figure out if still in production versus delivered versus non-updating....
I think their having so much fun with their cars that they forgot about it ;)

As European #44 - not a word yet about when we will be able to order. No clue apparently so I fear it will go as 3 years ago - by late fall we will see SIGs hitting the road and minutes later GP vehicles too...
After the S they assured us we would not see that again ...

As European #44 - not a word yet about when we will be able to order. No clue apparently so I fear it will go as 3 years ago - by late fall we will see SIGs hitting the road and minutes later GP vehicles too...
After the S they assured us we would not see that again ...

Some Sig owners haven't even ordered their car yet. Some want to see what it looks like first.
Sig owners who confirm now certainly won't be getting it before production X's hit the road.

At this point Tesla cannot wait for Signatures to be delivered before delivering production from a financial perspective.

They will need to make a subset of sig holders unhappy or shareholders....guess which one they will pick (rightfully so)
My question is... How did they get into this situation. If they ran out of some component such as... Middle row seats... That would effect all the production cars lined up behind my car. It should also have effected the 500 signature cars after mine also... So it is confusing.