Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Signature Model X owners NOT receive their car yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's basically an oversized S on the inside. :)
With a HUGE *** WINDOW :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

ModelXTracker | Log in Shows 34 Sig X delivered. By my guesstimate about 10% of actual cars are represented there so my Sig X is among several hundred yet to be delivered.
I wonder how many of those have actually been produced and are just being fine tuned at the SC's. And 10% seems a bit high... I hope :frown:

I'm Sig 535. We are getting delivery at the factory. Configured on the first day it was available. We heard a few days ago that it was still in production and could be 3 weeks by the time it gets checked for issues and then I can take delivery. Fully loaded except ludicrous. Perhaps they ran out of white seats or figured ash?

Sig 14xx VIN7xx, still waiting. No ETA for delivery from DS. Frustrating.

I'm Sig 603 and VIN 26x and mine has been done for TWO weeks but still being inspected in CA. Then I need it trucked (or trained) to IL. Then it will get inspected here AFAIK.

Some slow down in inspections because after the 4th quarter push they are letting folks take much needed vacations. I get it but I'm at 35 months (Feb'13) now since my deposit and the resulting email stated: "Deliveries will begin in 2014"

Overall, I'll be happier if the quality is higher by getting it just a little bit later. I'd rather be on a roadtrip right now tho!

Ha! What's crazier? The scenario you mentioned or the one where you plunk down $40K as a deposit for a car that you've never seen (outside of prototype) just to be the first in line to buy one. And then when the time comes, you decide not to take advantage of your option to be first! :) jk! I totally understand your trepidation.

In all seriousness, I was scared to order the car sight unseen. But then I realized: what am I really gonna see or look at that will change my decision? Once I realized that nothing I see would change anything, I became more comfortable just ordering the car. It's basically an oversized S on the inside. :)

I know - craziness all around. The extra wait isn't an issue for me - with luck, we'll be driving this car in 30 or 40 years. On that time scale, a few months more won't be noticed (car being replaced is 23 years old now, so the scenario isn't unreasonable).

With a HUGE *** WINDOW :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how many of those have actually been produced and are just being fine tuned at the SC's. And 10% seems a bit high... I hope :frown:

How many reservations are recorded? What % of 32000 does that represent? I see 1067 reservations recorded, that's 1/32nd of the total reservations or about 3% of the total. If that stat holds true for the higher levels your count is way off. We also know that 207 cars were delivered before 12/31.

Exactly. The inconsistency of info from DS's is infuriating. They should be able to provide us with extremely accurate information as to the status of our car and a delivery window as soon as the car hits the production Queue and has a VIN.

Yup - level of detail seems all over the map. My DS has been super responsive and helpful with paperwork, but when fishing for a prod window, I get the same "early 2016" party line.

Founders 53 (the website shows it as a sig) went into production in December, and still hasn't finished. Final stages, etc. It was spotted by another TMC member parked in a lot at the factory. It appears it's waiting on a part. The only uncommon feature I ordered was the dark ash trim.

Last edited:
There's at least 1 Signature X not yet delivered, and not yet ordered (mine). I'm awaiting an opportunity to see one in person. I believe there is a significant minority that are in this status. I appreciate that Tesla hasn't been turning the screws to get the reservation turned into an order either.

I'm also very comfortable with the idea that there will be Production deliveries well before and possibly months before my delivery happens. That's a cost to me to wait and see the car in person - and an option I appreciate Tesla providing.

This is my situation with Sig 11xx. It also lets me keep my fantasy going that they'll let me order a standard drivetrain and knock 20k off the price (but keep Sig red and other Sig features). You know, despite the multiple times they've told me via email that's not gonna happen...

Looking forward to mid-Feb when one comes touring to Chicagoland area.

It should be obvious that after pushing a few hundred cars out in December, with some falling into early Jan, Tesla slowed the train to rework problem areas and incorporate upgrade parts. If that is the case I am glad they did.

My first Sig order was delivered Dec 31st and has over 3500 miles on it. I have not needed to take it in for any service yet. That said it does have items that will need to be improved, upgraded and/or replaced. My decision is to drive and enjoy the car while giving the Sevice Center time to gain experience and Tesla time to incorporate improvements.

I assume my second Sig order, that was final invoiced and paid for Dec 12, will ship/deliver once the latest round of improvements have been incorporated.

So IMHO production has been paused while improvements are incorporated. Making calls to delivery people will not make anything happen sooner or produce much useful information.

One staus I read in this thread was that an order was in stamping. That's about as useful to know as, the minerals have been mined to make the aluminum.

I think it is safe to assume that every robot and every human at Tesla wants to ship Model X orders. It appears from this thread that many Sig orders remain to be delivered.

It should be obvious that after pushing a few hundred cars out in December, with some falling into early Jan, Tesla slowed the train to rework problem areas and incorporate upgrade parts. If that is the case I am glad they did.

My first Sig order was delivered Dec 31st and has over 3500 miles on it. I have not needed to take it in for any service yet. That said it does have items that will need to be improved, upgraded and/or replaced. My decision is to drive and enjoy the car while giving the Sevice Center time to gain experience and Tesla time to incorporate improvements.

I assume my second Sig order, that was final invoiced and paid for Dec 12, will ship/deliver once the latest round of improvements have been incorporated.

So IMHO production has been paused while improvements are incorporated. Making calls to delivery people will not make anything happen sooner or produce much useful information.

One staus I read in this thread was that an order was in stamping. That's about as useful to know as, the minerals have been mined to make the aluminum.

I think it is safe to assume that every robot and every human at Tesla wants to ship Model X orders. It appears from this thread that many Sig orders remain to be delivered.

Even though many Sigs have not been delivered, Production models are going to be delivered before some of the Sigs. If Tesla waits to deliver all Sigs they will be very far behind schedule. I think it's safe to assume that they are producing some Sigs and production together. And yes my car has already been stamped out but other people on here have also said their production cars are being assembled.

We have still heard nothing from our DS regarding our Sig X VIN #484. We were reservation sequence Sig #1015. I had emailed our DS at the end of last year, and just got the standard response, basically soon. Since then we have heard absolutely nothing. Being a Signature series, it was of course fully loaded, and we chose all available options except ludicrous, so that is not a factor.

I am pretty convinced that there has been a serious slowdown in production as they work out some of the early bugs. This gives me hope that the added wait will thus be worth it, if we get a car with fewer bugs.

The thing that is so frustrating is just the horrendous communication. As my wife says, Tesla needs to hire her to manage customer relations for them, as everything that their PR people seem to do is just wrong, from the Model X release event up in Fremont, which allowed almost no interactions with the car, to the way that the "Meet the X" RSVP's are being handled, where so many find them full just minutes after the email. Bad communication and bad PR.

That said, I'm sure we will love our Sig X, when we do finally get it. Tesla is a company that I truly believe in, as they set out to change the world. My wife, son, and I all drink the Kool-Aid. I just wish we were not kept so much in the dark.

Ron
Sig X VIN #484

Although I'm glad I got my X in early January...there are definitely some tweaks that need to occur to make it perfect...
I'm trying to get feedback on when the items can be addressed but responses are slow...I expect, as many others have speculated,
that Tesla wants to fix these early isses before opening the floodgates on deliveries...Seat latches/sensor, FWD sensor sensitivity, trim...
All things that can likely be addressed easily but takes time to perfect....No issues with driving perfromance/auto pilot...Hope this helps

I'm Sig 14xx and VIN 8xx. I confirmed in early Oct. I was told in early Jan that it had "begun production" (it was in "beginning" production for over a week). On the 14th or so I was told it's in the "final stages of production." Unfortunately, it's been 2 weeks since the and I'm STILL being told it's in the "final stages of production" and not to expect delivery until mid-Feb. I'm pretty outraged because Tesla has sent out email inviting people to come try a demo Model X at the local service center end of February, and I will be super pissed off if the general public is playing in a Model X before I get my signature.

My DS has been very understanding and communicative but he is powerless. He doesn't have access to any information that isn't already available on TMC nor does he have any pull at the factory.

Sig 169. Car has been in "final" production for a while. Yesterday, my DS said should be shipped to Seattle any day and that what was holding things up for the Sigs were door sensors that were changed to work better with upgraded firmware. Also, some of the middle seat motors were making a strange noise and these were being swapped out when discovered.

Sounds like they've re-engineered around the (hopefully) small number of glitches and are making sure they leave the factory with these fixed. This is a GOOD thing IMO. The slowdown probably has to do with availability of the new parts.

Now if I can just get the car before our planned road trip to Phoenix end of Feb...

I'm Sig 14xx and VIN 8xx. I confirmed in early Oct. I was told in early Jan that it had "begun production" (it was in "beginning" production for over a week). On the 14th or so I was told it's in the "final stages of production." Unfortunately, it's been 2 weeks since the and I'm STILL being told it's in the "final stages of production" and not to expect delivery until mid-Feb. I'm pretty outraged because Tesla has sent out email inviting people to come try a demo Model X at the local service center end of February, and I will be super pissed off if the general public is playing in a Model X before I get my signature. ...

I wouldn't be too pissed off, as only reservations holders (many of them Signature holders) are the only ones invited to test-drive the Model-X. I think it's a good way to help those that haven't confirmed to see the vehicle and get all their questions answered so that they can confirm.

In fact, I suspect that the reason they may be doing this is because the display models (for the stores) are being delayed (hearing Feb-March now). That way a very small number of travelling vehicles (which may not even be customer acceptable, e.g. a cancelled order after being confirmed, thereby losing deposit) can be used.

Finally, I still don't see Tesla advertising anything about the Model-X. If you notice, all Email and social media posts always refer to the Model-S. They are still under-selling the Model-X and trying to push people to the Model-S.

Finally, I still don't see Tesla advertising anything about the Model-X. If you notice, all Email and social media posts always refer to the Model-S. They are still under-selling the Model-X and trying to push people to the Model-S.
This may be because the profit margins on the S are higher at this point in time, I suspect that after X and S production levels are about the same they won't favor one car over the other.