Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Non-Premium interiors take delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BornToFly

Supporting Member
May 8, 2013
Baby Jet
I know we have some non-Performance versions, but what about non-Premium interiors? How are the front doors working? I wonder if they auto pop open a few inches (so you can grap and open manually from there), but not open all the way?

I don't think there are any non-premium's in the wild, but it's expected that it won't auto-present at all. You'll have to either press the door handle button or the FOB button for them to pop-open a few inches. You may need to open it further, manually.

Also, if someone is in the car, you can also open it via the touch-screen or the phone app.

I don't think there are any non-premium's in the wild, but it's expected that it won't auto-present at all. You'll have to either press the door handle button or the FOB button for them to pop-open a few inches. You may need to open it further, manually.

Also, if someone is in the car, you can also open it via the touch-screen or the phone app.

I hoping we get actual owner information soon. Could be a little bit like the moving spoiler on the 90D....

When I called them 3/13 they confirmed what I was told in person during my March 12th test drive, that alcantara is the only material used for X. I dropped premium pkg. from my order that confirmed the next day. Hope someone speaks up once the first non premium pkg. is delivered, otherwise I will.

I am also wondering if Alcantara is standard on non premium 90d's. Anyone take delivery yet? According to the rude inside sales person I spoke with via phone a week or so ago, Alcantara is not standard and requires the premium upgrades package.

From previous post; In a Tesla store I saw and touched the material for the the nonPUP and it is slightly thinner, flimsier and less suedy than the Alcantera. It is a darker flat black and not charcoal like the alcantera. My first impression holding a sample was that it might not be very durable especially on sun exposed surfaces like the top of the dash however it also doesn't show all the marks that the suede shows. I hope it is stronger than it looks and feels. I assume it goes in the same places the alcantera goes n the Premium.

I wonder if that material, curiously available in a showroom yet not yet delivered in a single car from the factory, is just the standard material in the Model S that a salesman assumed will be the same in the X. I was personally told Alcantera was all they would use even for non-prem from both the MeetX tour rep and a phone rep who seemed more astute than the average others I have dealt with via pre-sales phone calls. However, this is Tesla for good and bad, so ANYTHING is possible. I will be satisfied either way, but it will be interesting to find out tomorrow perhaps, first delivery of non-prem, so who knows if THAT will make a difference to those of us with non-prem upgraded leather and white seats. Maybe will depend on the day of the week and lunar cycle it gets installed :).

From previous post; In a Tesla store I saw and touched the material for the the nonPUP and it is slightly thinner, flimsier and less suedy than the Alcantera. It is a darker flat black and not charcoal like the alcantera. My first impression holding a sample was that it might not be very durable especially on sun exposed surfaces like the top of the dash however it also doesn't show all the marks that the suede shows. I hope it is stronger than it looks and feels. I assume it goes in the same places the alcantera goes n the Premium.

If the nonPUP material was not mounted on a rigid base, then it may come across as flimsy and less attractive. When it's fully installed, on a rigid structure, that thin membrane may feel/look much more solid. Of course, I wasn't there at the Tesla store to see what it looked like, so I can't say for certain. I just wanted to point out that sometimes the samples don't do justice to the real world application.