Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver door Auto Open vs Passenger door Auto Open. Passenger side is opening fully

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MortonGarrett

Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2023
New York
I picked up my new 2023 MX last week version 2023.26.100.

I have noticed that the driver door & passenger door auto-open feature acts differently on each side.

I know it’s normal for the doors to just pop open a small amount and not open fully because of the removal of USS. **What I find odd though, is that my passenger door will pop open the same few inches as driver door when requested, however when you give the door a small amount of input such a light push or pull, the door will then slowly open fully- all the way.

The driver door won’t do that with the same a gentle pull or push from inside. In fact, after the driver door pops open, when I try to push it or pull it the rest of the way, there is a good amount of resistance the entire time. It doesn’t swing quite as freely as the passenger door.

Is the driver door supposed to open fully after the initial open when you push or pull? Like my passenger door is doing

I’m finding that sometimes my driver door swings effortlessly And other times not. So bizarre. It’s also VERY annoying to coach my passengers passengers on making sure to not let the door auto open and swing into obstacles next to the vehicle. I wish I could turn the passenger side auto open feature OFF.