Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anti-Tesla Gibberish

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"And the electric car is a loser on the total energy efficiency scale today. A gasoline-powered car is probably 80 percent efficient and isn’t carrying a bunch of lithium batteries around."

Wow... I mean wow

An 80% efficient gasoline car, for a tesla sized car (a jag) would get the equivalent of 90 + mpg

A Prius type car would get 110 + mpg

• Disagree
Reactions: Brando
All you need to do is google Tesla Motors 2015, the web is flooded with anti Tesla articles.
All of them ignoring the awards Tesla got, questioning the wisdom of investing US$ 5 billion on tooling, GF and R&D.
Am I crazy or is Tesla going to generate over one billion USD in 2015 cash flow ?
Assuming even a mild growth and cash on hand, it seems like Tesla could do the US$ 5 bi without borrowing a penny.
The auto dealers must be really desperate.

Last edited:
Am I crazy or is Tesla going to generate over one billion USD in 2015 cash flow ?
Assuming even a mild growth and cash on hand, it seems like Tesla could do the US$ 5 bi without borrowing a penny.
The auto dealers must be really desperate.

If they sell 50k cars at an average of $100k each, that's $5B right there. I know the ASP was slipping, but I think it's gone back up with the launch of the dual-motor variants, and I think 50k is a conservative estimate. I think they could conceivably sell that many Model S alone, and will almost certainly exceed their stated goal of 55k combined S&X for the year. In fact, they guided for (Non-GAAP) revenue of about 5.75B.

If they sell 50k cars at an average of $100k each, that's $5B right there. I know the ASP was slipping, but I think it's gone back up with the launch of the dual-motor variants, and I think 50k is a conservative estimate. I think they could conceivably sell that many Model S alone, and will almost certainly exceed their stated goal of 55k combined S&X for the year. In fact, they guided for (Non-GAAP) revenue of about 5.75B.
I meant to make a devil's advocate analysis that even if Tesla had a very bad 2015, it would still be able to carry its investment plan.
My expectation is for 55k deliveries and up. It tesla is already running @ 1000 cars / wk, that's 52k cars for the year right there, so I think even 60k cars is possible maybe even more.

Have you read John Goreham's (the author) bio? He's no more qualified to write such a piece than any other amateur with an opinion. Being a "car nut" is no expertise.
I noticed John Goreham isn't very truthful about Model 3 costs. He fails to mention sales tax AND License fees AND insurance (can't legally drive a car if you are not insured). How can I report him to the SEC? Or what would be the proper government agency to report him to? A Consumer Protection? An Attorney General somewhere? Some ethics board? What licenses does he claim to have? Is he a licensed reporter? Isn't he required to supply only honest comments about products? Why does he "pretend" the cost of a Model 3 is "only" $36,000?
Why can't he just tell the truth and include all the costs??

ooops, I only searched to John Goreham name and your's was the only posting I found, Didn't realize this post was from 2015. I wanted to comment on John's recent complaint about Tesla MSRP of $35,000 which he claims is actually $36,000 as the document deliver fees are $1,000.

and now I don't know how to delete this stupid post of mine.

Sorry in advance about my poor attempt at Satire. I guess the Onion won't be hiring me any time soon.

So if a monirators happens to find this, please delete, thanks.

Last edited: